Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Brianne Marcelles

            Zoe and I sit in perpetual silence- neither us feel quite like talking at the moment. It’s funny how people never truly appreciate what they have until it’s taken away from them- in our case, it’s more like how we were taken away from our life.

Life. What a funny, quirky little thing. It’s a gift that’s given to us by some greater power, or good, and yet, most don’t really think about it normally, only when they are taken out of their comfort zone do they truly wake up to their actions and surroundings.

Typically, I’m not exactly the most religious person, but now that we, the five girls plus me, have basically been abducted, our only choice is to sit, pray, and hope for the best. Who knows what they want from us? Or who they even are? All we can do now, is wait. For quite a while, it seems.

One of the girls’ stirs- the only dark haired girl who was placed next to me on the beds. Slowly, she sits up, rubbing her eyes. She looks around curiously before her eyes land on us. “What the fuck? Who are you?” she demands hotly.

Zoe speaks up. “Don’t swear at us. We have no idea where we are, and why we’re here, so you might as well share whatever information you have to help us all get out of here,” she gestures around at the empty, blank walls and barred windows.

She rolls her eyes, clearly not quite believing us, but sitting down anyways, at a farther distance. “Well, what do you want to know?” she asks slowly.

Zoe repeats the same thing she said to me. “Name, age, how you were taken, and when.”

She nods slightly. “Fair enough. My name is Celeste Sanders, I have an older brother, I’m seventeen years old, and 5’4… um I was taken-”

            I cut her off. “Are you okay?”

            She gives me an icy glare. “Do you think I’m okay? I get drugged and knocked out while I’m at a club with my best friend and then I wake up here in this desolate room with five other strange girls, two of which are watching me as I sleep? Seriously?”

            Zoe speaks up. “Stop yelling at her. That’s not helping here.”

            I look away, surprised that Zoe is sticking up for me. I’m not offended by Celeste’s spiel. In fact, I can relate to it, and I know she’s merely hurt and using her anger as a way of defense. I skim Zoe’s arm. “It’s okay, I’m fine,” I whisper in her ear.

            “And who died and made you boss?” Celeste turned on Zoe.

            “No one, in fact. I just seem to be the most levelheaded here, and I’m trying to think of ways to get us out of this mess, okay? So calm down, we’re not the enemies here.”

            The shouting roused the rest of the girls, who all quickly sat up and had the same reaction to Celeste. “Where am I?”

            “Why am I here?”

            “What did I do?”

            In the midst of the tumult, Zoe and I remain quiet, letting them figure everything out. I notice that out of all the girls, there is one who seems around the same age as me, with smooth light brown hair and chocolate colored eyes. She doesn’t say anything, merely glances at the other girls and sits down next to Zoe and I.

            Zoe gives her a small, comforting smile, while I fix my attention on the other three girls, including Celeste. “Guys, calm down, okay? Panicking really isn’t going to solve anything here,” another brunette shouts over the din. I study her, noting her hazel eyes and straight, sleek hair. She was gorgeous, no doubt about that, and I wonder briefly if our captors chose us specifically for our looks.

            After all, there were three brunettes, and one auburn and dark haired girl, with myself being the only blonde. Not to mention the eyes. Zoe and I were the only ones with blue eyes, the auburn haired girl had green eyes, Celeste and the girl beside us had brown eyes, and other girl who had calmed everyone down had hazel.

            Interesting, to say the least.

            “How about everyone sit down?” Zoe suggested calmly.

            The three girls slowly take a seat, looking at us all warily. “Let’s go around and introduce ourselves, shall we?” I suggest. “In fact, I’ll go first. I’m Brianne.”

            Zoe goes next, “Zoe.”

            The girl who looks my age announces her name shyly, “Rochelle.”

            “Celeste.”

            “Renee.”

            The girl who had calmed everyone down spoke gracefully, “Lena.” I nodded. I have a feeling that Lena and Zoe will get along very well. In fact, they all seem like nice girls, even Celeste, through that ‘tough’ exterior she puts up for everyone. I think Rochelle and I shall get along splendidly. Maybe we’ll even survive. 

~

So Celeste seems sort of like a bitch in this chapter, but truly, she's a sweetheart, and that's her way of protecting herself. Hope you enjoyed this update :) Thanks for sticking with it haha

xx Eunice