Chapter 6

||> Encaged <||

Darkness enveloped every corner and every platform. No sound can be heard; not even a whisper of the breezing wind, nor a tap of dripping water.

It was blank and cold.

The icy temperature is what makes her shiver down into the core, the spines on her back crawling with a frozen oblivion that sent her down into her knees folded on her chest, trying to warm herself in the best possible way by rubbing herself in friction for heat.

She knew it was the middle of the night, but her surroundings was just unclear to her. It was too dark, or maybe it's because she has her eyes closed.

Slowly, she started to peel her eyes open, it's almost as if she had fallen into a deep slumber for some years that her eyes could only break apart if somebody would pry them open. Once she had fully regained back her sight, she would never had liked to be back in the darkness than she had earlier.

An empty room with a metal barred door is the first thing she saw.

She was caged — locked and trapped.

Just where was she?

The girl did her best to put even a small amount of effort into moving from her place when she suddenly heard the sound of metal scratching to the floor.

She looked down to both of her hands and her eyes widened in terror when she realized that they were locked, and she was being chained to the wall behind her with the chains spread carelessly around her, the length of it seems unpromising for it seemed small and short, her movements would be limited.

Then her eyes caught something from the palms of her hands and she had no idea why she didn't took notice of it first.

It was blood.

But, where did it come from?

Her gaze trailed the liquid that had dried from her hands towards a certain spot in her dress.

Her dress was tattered and ripped off, like a lion had used its claws to shred her clothing into pieces. She found that one spot of her body that was covered in a humongous amount of dried blood, a slash from her chest towards the rear end of her hip.

She was surprised that she had survived by this time, but she figured that she could still survive since the large cut wasn't that deep, although it was enough to drain her and lose some blood count. She could've been dead by now, but that thought only sent more chills down her spine.

She was lucky enough to survive this, but what more with what will happen next?

Tobe had already assassinated her, which brought her the vaccination method, and had taken her to an unknown location that seems to be in the middle of nowhere. What would be his plan next? She knows that the Sooga Village's greatest enemy has an evil scheme readied in line, she was only afraid of this because she is a part of it.

Without thinking any further, she carefully tried to stand up to her feet — a bit wobbly as she does so — and when she has successfully stood up, she started to walk over to the metal bars.

Alas — as she had just took one step — the pain from her body subsided and overcome her whole system, ready to pin her back on the ground.

The pain was inevitable, it was that hurtful it caused the poor girl to drag herself down in all fours. She took deep and desperate breaths, panting now and then as her hand traveled up to her wounded torso to try and prevent the aching profanity.