The Girl (1)

Hellooo! I was inspired to write this by a post I saw on Twitter by @/causeineedit link: https://twitter.com/causeineedit/status/1008584477021331457 thank you :-)

I hope you enjoy this short story based on End Up Here, Broken Home, Invisible, and Ghost of You by 5 Seconds of Summer!

=====

She started on with her typical Friday night with her friends. She always took Fridays as her opportunity to get out of the house, because though she was well above the age she could move out and away from her parents, she wanted to save up her money until she was financially stable. The downside? Her parents fought ALL the time. She could barely handle it sometimes, so as usual, she's clearing her mind by clouding it with drunkenness and finding a new man. 

As she walked into the club, she parted ways with her friends. She saw a man, tall with dark curly hair leaning against the wall laughing at something his buddies said. He intrigued her. She couldn't see through him like she could other people. His facade masking what he didn't want her to know. Ignoring all the catcalls and people trying to buy her drinks and get her attention, she made her way towards the mysterious man. 

Along the way she heard, "What's your name sexy?" She smiled, though she was slightly disgusted with his bluntness, and said, "trouble." 

He was watching her every move. He didn't even know what his friends were saying anymore he was just nodding his head and laughing. "Dude... Hey man, whats up with you?" 

"Huh? Oh nothing. Hey, you ever seen that chick around before?" He asked and pointed at the beautiful girl crowded by perverted men. 

"Nah man, but looks like she's looking your way." His friend nudged his arm and winked. 

He laughed and shook his head, "I doubt it. Did you see her? She's gorgeous. She's a solid ten while I'm over here looking like a six." 

"Well you better straighten up because she's definitely looking at you and walking right towards you." He looked back and sure enough the beautiful lady was looking straight at him. 

She didn't know why she was drawn to him. His hair? Maybe his shirt? She did love Cobain. Whatever it was, hopefully it was strong enough to get her through this night so she could forget for awhile. 

"Nice shirt...." she trailed off waiting for his name. 

"The names Calum. And you are?" He shook her hand and they hit it off fast. He bought her a few drinks as they continued talking until Calum realized something. "Shit, my friends left me." She thought about what to say for a few seconds. Before she realized what she said it had left her lips, "You could come home with me." She covered her mouth as soon as she realized what she just said. "I mean, you don't have to, I don't wanna sound like a creep. Oh my-." 

"Well, if you insist." He wiggled his brows at her. She blushed for the first time in a while. Usually she was the one with confidence getting guys to blush, but the tables have turned for a reason unbeknownst to her.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked her. 

"Yea, I'm ready." 

As they walked outside he asked, "Where'd you park?"

"Oh, I-uh-I walked here, its not too far from my house."

"Perfect. We can talk some more." He smiled and they walked side-by-side down the dimly lit street. They talked about random things and then started talking about music and when they got to a stopping point about halfway there, she looked him in the eyes and he looked into hers, slowly leaning in cautiously. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. When she realized he wanted to kiss her she jumped at the opportunity and kissed him. When he pulled back she smiled at him and looked down. 

"We're almost there." And with that they walked silently the rest of the way while holding hands. One problem, though. "Shit, I totally forgot! My parents are home!" She was so embarrassed. She buried her face in her hands and almost cried. This was her chance to escape and she was so stupid to let him come home with her. She always went to their house. How could she be so forgetful, she'd done this many times before. 

"Hey, whats wrong love?" His voice was gently as he placed his arm on her shoulder. 

"I know you were probably hoping for something to happen if you came home with me like I was but I'm so stupid. I'm a grown adult trying to have a good time and I still live with my parents. I don't know what I was thinking bringing you here. I'm sorry if I ruined your night and any chance of getting laid tonight Calum." 

He chuckled at what she had said, "You were hoping for something to happen tonight? Man, you sure are straightforward aren't you." 

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry thats-thats not- I don't know what I was thinking and I definitely ruined any chance now. You can go home if you'd like--or I don't--" He cut her off with a kiss. 

"Damn your a nervous babbler aren't ya? We can do whatever you'd like--we just have to be quiet don't we?" 

You can guess how the rest of their night went. A distraction she sought and a distraction she'd found.