Chapter 1

Indra"Indra, you're needed in the Pediatric ICU please

Indra
"Indra, you're needed in the Pediatric ICU please." I heard the intercom say. I was hiding out in the nurses station trying to get a quick nap. It was 4:30am and I only had 4 hours left to my 24hr shift. I sighed and gathered my belongings and thoughts then walked to the main hall.

As I was walking up to the desk, a tall man caught my attention.

"I need to see my daughter. Please." He said sounding as if he been crying.

The nurse at the station huffed then rolled her eyes looking up at him.

"Name?" She said as id she didn't want to even be bothered.

"Audralynn Alsina." He said. She typed on her computer then wrote something down.

"Here." Was all she said. He looked at her with a smug.

"Thanks... no good bitch." He said loud enough for her to hear. She snapped her head up at him. I chuckled loudly on accident causing him to look my direction. I quickly stopped chuckling and pretended to be looking for something. Once heard his footsteps fade away. I looked up and walked to the station the man was once standing at.

"So that was funny to you?" Janine asked bitterly.

"You had it coming." I shrugged and found my patient folders.

"Anyways, you have a new patient on file." She said then went back scrolling on the computer. I grabbed the folder and looked for the room number.

"204... female child around the age of 4... burns and it seems she has bruises from hits." Janine informed me. Hearing this pained my heart. Who could do this to an innocent child.

I walked to the elevator and went to the second floor and waited for the elevator to stop. Once it did I heard loud yelling from a room. I prayed and prayed it wasn't my patients room.

204... damn just my luck.

"YOU HAD THAT NO GOOD ASS NIGGA ROUND MY CHILD!? HUH. DATS WHAT WE DOIN NOW CAMILLE!?" I heard. I looked into the room knocking on it only to meet the eyes of the man from downstairs. I quickly looked away and then met the eyes of a tanskin toned woman.

"Um sorry not sorry to interrupt. Im nurse Indra. Im going to be the primary nurse for babygirl here-"

"Her name is Andralynn." The woman snapped. I looked at her and continued what I was saying.

"As I was saying. Im her primary nurse. I assume your mom and dad?" I asked getting a slight headnod from both.

"Im her mother Camille. That's her father August."

"Nice to meet you both. Um excuse me. I need to check her charts and things like that." I said squeezing past her father August. He stepped to the side and sat in the chair.

"August I said I was sorry okay?" Her mother said. I kept minding my business and did my job.

"Sorry? SORRY? My daughta' sitting in the fuckin hospital bed over BURNS Camille! Why the fuck would you leave ha' with that nigga!?" He said trying not to get mad.

I heard sniffles and tried so hard. Not to look up. But of course I had to.

"So um.. she was with you at the time of the incident?" I asked Camille.

She shook her head no. "My boyfriend." She said wiping her tears quickly. August scoffed at the word boyfriend. Oh boy.
"So what happened exactly?" I asked.

"I was at work and I had my boyfriend watch her while I was gone. He said he lit some candles and she reached and touched it and her hand and arm was on fire when he tried to get her."

"Sound like some bullshit to me." August spat. He did have a point. The way these burns looked it was more to this story.

"Also, we found some bruises on her as well... do you know what that could be from?" I asked. August's head snapped her way. Her face went pale.

"You been putting ya fuckin hands on my daughta'?" He yelled charging at her.

"AUGUST STOP!! AUGUST !" She screamed as his hands wrapped around her neck tightly.

Everything happened so quickly! I paged security and attempted to pull him off

"Mr. Alsina. Please. I know you're upset but listen to me. Okay? If you don't remove your hands from her neck you'll kill her and ruin your life." I said calmly also while stopping security from attacking him.

He looked at me in my eyes. I saw a mixture of emotions. I saw pain, anger. Sadness and most importantly emptiness.

"Let her go." I said soothingly. He let her go causing her to choke and gather her things before running out.

I nodded to security to say I could handle it and watched as he slid down the wall crying. It pained me to see this man cry because his baby's mother couldn't do right by their daughter.

"I just want her to be alright man.. that's all a nigga want. I just want custody of my babygirl." He said wiping his face. I didnt know what to do or say. But I truly felt bad for him.

I looked around for a piece of paper and wrote down my homegirl Kamden's number. 

"This is my friend Kamden's number. She's a family lawyer. Dont worry about the cost. Just talk to her and I'll handle the rest." I said placing her number in his hand.

He looked at me and quickly stood up and hugged me.

"Thank you. Thank you so much man. You're an angel. My Angel."

I deleted His Girl and I'm switching it out with this one. Its a AUGUST ALSINA FANFIC! So get ready!