Chapter 5

Alex's P.O.V

I had just finished up my work when I decided to text John. He had been gone for awhile, and I wanted to make sure that he was okay.

To: TurtleBoi❤️
From: TheOther51: Hey John just checking up on you. You okay?

About 15 minutes passed and there was still no reply from John. I started to get a little while worried after another 15 minutes had passed. I decided to text him again, thinking that he may have just missed my other one

To: TurtleBoi❤️
From: TheOther51: John are you okay??? I'm starting to get worried please text me back.

I texted him multiple times after that, yet I still didn't get an answer. I held back tears as my worry for him grew stronger.

About 30 minutes later, I heard the door open and slam shut. I slowly made my way out of the bedroom and to the door, where John stood. He reeked of beer, so I assumed he was drunk, but I didn't care. I was just glad he was back, and safe.

"Hey there cu-" I cut him off as I hugged him and began to cry into his shoulder.

(Time Skip bc y'all already know what happens)

After John went to sleep I took a seat on the couch. I sighed and turned on the T.V. I didn't pay attention to whatever was playing, instead I just thought about everything that just happened. 'Why did he come home reeking of beer? He's not even old enough to drink!'

An hour or so later I began to get tired, so I stood up and walked to the bedroom, where I laid down on my bed and fell asleep.

(Time skip to morning)

I woke up to John groaning. "Ugh my head fucking hurts!"

You're fault for drinking so much. I signed after I sat up and turned towards him. Johns only response was a grunt.

What all happened at Herc and Laf's dorm? And why were you drinking, you're not old enough? I questioned John, and he scratched the back of his neck for responding. "Well there was this girl over at their dorm, her name's Peggy, and we talked for a bit. Then she suggested we play drinking games, but I said I didn't want to wake up with a hangover today, but here I am. Anyways I said I would only stay for one drinking game, I guess I lost track of time in my drunken state last night."

I sighed and shook my. "Look Lexi, I'm really sorry for not texting you back last night. I guess my punishment for doing that is this hangover." I laughed at Johns last sentence as I moved over to his bed and sat by him. You're forgiven John. Anyways, where are we going for our date? I asked, wanting to change the subject.

"I was thinking we eat lunch at Panera and then walk around the local park. How does that sound?" I smiled. Sounds perfect! Wait, don't you have classes today? Johns closed his eyes and let out a groan. "I'm skipping classes today, there's no way I'm going to be able to focus with this headache."

Alright, I'm going to get dressed now. I signed and stood up, but John grabbed my arms and pulled back down to the bed before embracing me. "I know for a fact that you don't have classes until this afternoon. So go back to sleep, 'cause it's only like 8somethingam." John said as he rested his head on his pillow. I grunted and pulled away from John and stood up again.

Unlike you I have things to do. I signed as John looked up at me. I smiled and patted his head before walking to my dresser and picking out some clothes and heading into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Once I was done with everything I went to check on John. I opened the door to the bedroom, and smiled when I saw John asleep.

John's P.O.V