7. An accident, a tragedy, a mistake

Hey guys!! The side picture is of Jason!! I hope every body had an amazing fourth of July!! There's going to be an A/N at the end and please read it. I hope y'all love the chapter and VOTE!!

Reanne's P.O.V.

I thank Jason for the compliment swiftly but inside I'm jumping up and down.

I talk Jason up, and he asks questions about my mom and my siblings. I tell him stories from my childhood and he laughs along with me. It's just so easy to talk to him. I don't even have to try. And when I'm around him, i feel like it's easier to breathe. It's like i can feel all of my problems disappear.

I ask him about his childhood and he gets kinda quiet. I'm about to say it's fine, that he doesn't have to talk if he doesn't want to, when he opens his mouth.

Jason's P.O.V.

My voice comes out soft, "My mom was always the sunshine of the day when i was younger. When ever someone was in a bad mood or feeling down, one smile from her was all it took for her to change their moods from bad to good. She was always so happy. I can't remember a time when she wasn't smiling." I can feel my heart clenching in my chest. Missing her smile. Wishing i could see it. "I remember one time her door to her painting room was open. I could see her dancing a little bit to the music that was on, but she was so focused on what she was painting. She was painting something bright. I thought it was the sun. I remember going up to her and asking why she was always smiling and happy, and she said, "Why waste time being sad, and not feel good, when you can feel amazing by being happy?" I didn't understand what she meant at first. But the more i thought about it, the more i understood her meaning behind the words."

I looked up from the green grass to Reanne. Her face showed so many emotions at one. Confusion, understanding, and something that i didn't recognize.

She breathed in deep and asked the question i had been dreading. "What happened to her?" I could barely hear her, she said it so soft.

I looked at her then at the ground, "She died. And it was all my fault."

Before she could speak, i continued, "It was a normal day. We were going to have a mom and son day. We did it every one and a while. We would go out to different places and have so much fun. But not this time. We didn't make it to one stop. The sun was shining and that meant she was smiling. Her smile lit up the while town. She had the most beautiful smile. She had asked me where i wanted to go. But i didn't know. She looked back at me because i didn't say anything. She looked back for one second. Just one second. If i would have talked fast enough, she wouldn't have looked away. She would have saw the truck. She would have stopped. But she didn't. She didn't see it." My hands started shaking, "The truck hit her head on. It all happened so fast. Too fast. Glass was shattered everywhere. Her scream was fast and sharp. It shot threw the air like lightning. Her hand reached towards me. I grabbed it tightly. Her eyes were closing and i screamed for her but i guess she didn't hear me. But she had to," I could feel tears rolling down my face, "Her hair was matted down with blood. Blood. Blood was everywhere. I tried getting to her, but i was stuck, i couldn't get to her. I couldn't save her.  She was so close to me, but so far away. Her hand went limp in mine. I tried shaking it, but she wouldn't grip my hand. She was- she was gone. Gone. She's gone. And i couldn't- i couldn't save-" I choke on a sob and i feel arms wrap around me.

I wrap my arms around Reanne and finally cry. Cry for my mom. Cry because its all my fault. Cry because of the hurt. My tears drop into her golden hair. I can feel her arms tighten around me and i nuzzle my head against her neck. I feel wet drops on my shirt and look at her. Tears are running down her face, but even then, she's gorgeous.

She leans her forehead against mine and i reach up to wipe her tears away. "Tears don't belong on this beautiful face." i say to her.

She smiles and it remind me of my moms. Reanne reminds me of my mom a lot. And in a way, it's refreshing.

She hugs me once more and says, "It wasn't your fault."

I hug her tightly, not saying a word. Because i know the truth. It was. And that will never change.

HEY GUYSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Now you know what happened to his mom, to be honest, i did shed some tears writing this chapter and i know its short but hey, its an update!! Speaking of which, im sorry this took so long but some things have been happening and im not in a really good mood at the moment. Please vote, Vote, VOTE!!! And follow and comment what you think. Maybe give me some ideas. Thanks guys!! I love y'all!!! Till next time.