Chapter 1: Catherine

I've been laying on my bed since Carson said goodbye two days ago. I haven't really been in much of a mood to get up, and people haven't bugged me about it so I haven't moved.

Madi was my best friend and she has been texting me constantly since it ended with Carson. She is definitely one of the only ones who gives a care in the world about my well being. Not that I care, I don't typically like people.

My parents aren't ever here because they're always working and my siblings are always at their friends' houses. My phone buzzed from my nightstand and I ignored it, it was probably just Madi telling me she'll be over in a little while. It buzzed again and I picked it up. Two new messages. One was from Madi, but the second one was from one of my other friends, Kayla.

I feel really bad but I hope you understand. What is she talking about? I texted her back, asking what the hells wrong. A few minutes later, she replied: he hasn't told you? I asked her: who hasn't told me what? She immediately responded: .... I texted her back: Damn it, Kayla if you don't tell me I will make sure you don't want to wake up in the morning. It took her fifteen minutes to reply, and I see why she didn't want to tell me.

Carson broke up with you because he's going out with me and he told me not to tell you. I feel terrible because it didn't feel right because you didn't know. But I do love him, I love him a lot and I hope you can understand. You're not mad, are you?

Not mad? You haven't seen mad.