Chapter 2

Kaien's pov

I smiled at, Zero and Momo. I see a beautiful friendship coming, maybe something even more in the future. I noticed that Yuki had a happy expression on her face. Kaname said that he was going to visit Yuki soon. I wonder how Momo's going to react. The rest of the day, Zero and Momo went everywhere with each other. Everywhere Zero went, Momo was with him; everywhere Momo went, Zero was with her. They were two peas in a pod. When It was night time we ate dinner then went to bed. I fell asleep right when my head hit the pillow.

Momo's pov

I woke up screaming while I shot up in a sitting position. My breathing was heavy and shallow. I looked around the room frantically until sighing in relief. Tears were rolling down my face, and only one person came to my mind at this moment. Zero. I quietly got out of the room that Kaien let me use and tiptoed to Zero's room. I quietly opened the door to see that Zero was fast asleep. I quietly closed the door before creeping to his bed before lightly shaking his shoulder.

"Zero." I whispered while shaking him a little bit more, "Zero, are you awake?"

I heard him groan before he slowly opened his eyes. g-

He gave me a worried as he sat up and rubbed his eye. "What's the matter?"

I rubbed my arm with a nervous look on my face. "I had a nightmare."

His eyes softened, and it was quiet for a little bit.

"You can sleep with me tonight." He said, giving me a small smile

He moved over, letting me crawl in next to him. I laid down, covering myself with the blanket before turning to face, Zero.

"What was your dream about?" He questioned

"How my parents died," I said hesitantly

He sighed before pulling me into his chest. I smiled as I snuggled into his chest.

"Goodnight, Zero," I mumbled tiredly

"Goodnight, Momo." He mumbled

That's the last thing I heard before; I fell asleep.

*Next Day*

Zero and I were reading when we heard the front door opening. We looked to see that it was, Kaien and Yuki coming back home from the store.

"Zero, Momo, we're back!" Yuki called

"What you two do today?" Kaien questioned

"We've just been reading," I explained to him with a welcoming smile

He nodded before he and Yuki went to put the groceries away.

"Yuki is going to try to get to know you today." Zero informed, "If she starts to get too pushy, just walk over to me, okay?"

"Okay," I said while nodding my head.

Zero was right. Yuki talked to me the whole day when she was being too pushy; Zero and I went outside. We decide to play and get to know each other. I saw that Kaien was watching us, but he looked worried and nervous. I wonder why. Zero immediately grabbed my hand when it got to sunset, and we went inside. We put our coats up and went to our rooms to get ready for bed. Right now, Zero was trying to teach me how to do math since Kaien bought some math books. I set my pencil down to get some water.

"I'm going to get something to drink. You want something, Zero?" I questioned

He shook his head while setting his pencil down, as well.

"Okay, be right back," I promised.

I got up from the coffee table and walked into the kitchen. I got a cup from the cupboard got me a glass of water. I walked out of the kitchen only to see a vampire in the living room. My body started shaking in fear, making me drop my glass of water. It shattered, making everyone look at me. Zero was glaring at the vampire while Kaien and Yuki were looking at me, worried. The vampire walked over to me, making me back up until my back hit the wall. A small whimper came out of my throat when he was too close for comfort. He gave me a soft smile before sticking his hand out to me, making me cringe.

"Z-Zero." I whimpered

In a blink of an eye, Zero was in front of me, holding the vampire's wrist.

"Don't even think about touching her vampire," Zero growled.

Yuki ran over to us and tried to calm Zero down. My breathing was too fast, my body was trembling, and I didn't feel good. Kaien looked at me, worried before I started coughing up blood. I covered my mouth, trying to keep the blood from showing in front of the vampire. Blood started dripping from my hand onto the floor, making everyone freak out. Kaien ran over to me and started barking out orders.

"Yuki on my nightstand is her medicine; go get it, Kaname, go get her some water. Zero, I need you to calm her down," Kaine ordered

Zero was looking at me with worry in his eyes. He grabbed my none bloody hand before pulling me into a hug. 

"Concentrate on my breathing, feel how my body is calm." Zero whispered comfortingly, "I'm going to need you to calm down for me, Momo."

I weakly nodded and started to focus on his breathing and heartbeat, which began to calm me down.

"There you go. You're doing great, Momo." Zero whispered 

My coughing stopped, and all I was doing now was wheezing. Kaien gave me a pill and a glass of water. I took them with the help of Zero. Yuki washed the blood on my hand with a washcloth that she brought, making me give her a thankful nod. My throat hurt, and my body felt weak. Zero picked me up bridal style, and Kaien decided to introduce me to the vampire.

"Momo, this is Kaname Kuran." Kaien introduced, "He saved Yuki from an evil vampire."

"Yeah!"While hugging Kaname close to her, Yuki said, "He's kind, Momo."

The vampire, now known as Kaname, smiled at me.

"I hope we can be friends, Momo." He said with a smile

I felt Zero's grip on me tighten, making me look at him with tired eyes. I saw that he was glaring at Kaname before calmly saying-

"We are going to bed," Zero said coldly

He walked us to his room before setting me down on his bed. Since we were already in our pajamas, we just laid down and fell asleep.

Kaien's pov

Kaname was tucking Yuki in for me as I'm picking up the glass shards and cleaning up the mess. I heard footsteps behind me, making me look up to see Kaname. I went back to cleaning with Kaname's help.

"You'll have to be careful, Kaname." I said, "Momo is highly terrified of vampires, and I don't need this happening every time you come over."

"My apologies, Cross. That girl is a vampire hunter, but there is something else about her that I just can't put my finger on it." Kaname explained while looking down at the ground in thought, " She is as powerful as, Zero, I know that much. I must take my leave, now. I'll let you know when I will visit again."

I nodded as he left my home. I sighed as I grabbed the glass shards and rags before going to the kitchen. I threw the glass shards away before rinsing out the blood and the dirt from the rags before taking them into the laundry room. I started a load of laundry before going to check on the children. I peaked in Yuki's room to see that she was asleep. I closed her door before going to check on Momo and Zero. I opened the door to see that Momo was having a nightmare. I went to wake her up before seeing something that shocked me. Zero pulled her into his chest, making her calm down. I smiled at the sight before closing the door. I turned off every light in the house before going to my room and lay on my bed while I started thinking. Hopefully, Kaname doesn't start another episode like today. I knew why Kaname was suspicious about Momo. She is half-human, half-vampire. That is why she needs her medicine. I fell asleep on that thought smiling that, she and Zero were almost exactly alike.