5

It was still dark out, even there. Here the streets were illuminated by bright orange street lights that blocked out the stars and made the sky orange. I wondered how anyone would want to live in such an industrial place, I preferred a place where the stars winked at you, and the sun shined. Not a place where artificial light blocked out the sun and stars. I spotted a group of girls walking by and hanging on each other and giggling.
They stopped and looked at me for a second, at my light brown hair and emerald eyes that had always been my 'dads' favorite thing about me.
"Oh my gosh, what a tramp!" One of the girls said, breaking the silence and making the whole group laugh.
"Yeah! Here's a twenty, go buy a new nose!" Another yelled, throwing a twenty at me.
"Wait! I bet she's one of those guys who have been killing people!" Another yelled.
"Get away freak!" A blonde girl screeched. They all ran away after that.
Still confused about what had just happened, I continued walking. I passed an empty street, barren except for the occasional car. I simply let my feet guide me as I roamed the empty streets. As if remembering something, they turned on a particular path, heading to a particular destination. I stopped at a run down cream colored house, one of the windows was broken and the grass was starting to outgrow.
I climbed through the broken window, careful not to touch the glass. It was hard and a bit of my shirt snagged onto it, tearing off in a long strip. As well as the knee in my jeans and a bit on the calf. I made it through and brushed myself off, reminding myself to grab those before I left. I flinched a little as a hard metallic stink hit my nose that I knew well. It hit me in the childhood and brought up memories of daddy pcoming home covered in crimson and stinking of blood. I didn't care and would hug him anyways, I always loved him. I looked around the room I was currently in, it was a living room. A green plaid couch sat in front of a large tv that was seated on a black stand. The streetlight cast everything in an orange veil but I could still make out the colors. This was clearly the sight of a murder scene, looking around the room I spotted the stairs.
Stepping carefully over the broken glass, I made it to the steps. I slowly went up and the pungent smell got stronger. I made it up to the second floor and there was a hallway that looked like someone had spoken the house. There was clothes and lamps, broken furniture, even a dresser in the middle; all strewn across the floor. Gulping I made it through to the end where a door was practically ripped off of its hinges. There was extremely fresh blood covering the walls and floors, the smell made me gag and I almost threw up. On the left wall, there was a note, 'go to sleep' that made me certain this was one of his murder scenes. The room was in the same condition as the rest of the hallway. That was when my eyes started to get more adjusted to the dark there was a bed that was almost stripped of its sheets. On the floor beside it was the mutilated body of a young boy. Now I was seriously about to throw up, I covered my mouth and I could feel the bile rise in the back of my throat. I turned sharply and bolted, tripping over the dresser in the process. I raced out and jumped out the window, cutting my legs and hands on the glass.
I raced down the street and back into the woods. I raced through the woods and saw the house. As much as I didn't want to go back I had no where else to go.