CLOUD GAZING.

CLOUD GAZING.
shikamaru nara oneshot

" When you're a kid, you lay in the grass and watch the clouds going over, and you literally don't have a thought in your mind

" When you're a kid, you lay in the grass and watch the clouds going over, and you literally don't have a thought in your mind. It's purely meditation, and we lose that. "
- DICK VAN DYKE

( AUTHORS NOTE )
it's a 2k+ oneshot of shikamaru being a
gay with an oc i just made up on the spot.
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!

-

"Are you busy?" The sudden question startles Shikamaru back into reality. In front of him is a cup of half-drank coffee and an opened book, something that was suggested to him a while back by Asuma sensei. A good book so far and surprisingly not so much of a drag to read. He turns his head towards the source of the voice, and standing just beside him is Tomio Kobayashi, a recent addition to their Hidden Leaf Village and a fairly good medical ninja if he could say so himself. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

There's a hint of amusement in his tone, just shy of a chuckle but Shikamaru guesses that the latter was more or less just trying to be polite. Amber brown eyes are meeting his dark ones with no hesitation and it makes his heart clench. His hair is a soft brown, almost touching on dirty blonde. It reminds him of Temari for a hot second, before he quickly shoves her out of his mind.

Right now, he's with Tomio. Christ, did he have a weird type concerning almost-blondes and people with names starting with 'T'?

Oh, right, he had to say something.

"No, you didn't." Shikamaru says, belatedly. He can already feel his brain doing something similar to the feeling of it melting. It was odd, and something that only ever really happened when Tomio was around. Not to mention that his flight or flee response seems the highest around the latter as well. Heartbeat rising, palms sweaty, cheeks warm. The lot. "I was uh, just reading." He raises the book to show the cover.

It was something that he realized only recently. For a while, he felt like it was a fever that may have just conveniently came and went along with Tomio. But it wasn't until he overheard Kiba teasing Hinata for the way she acted around the town knucklehead that it finally clicked in his mind that the feverish feeling around Tomio may not be a fever.

"Of course, genius men have to keep up an appearance." Tomio slides into the booth across from him, his own cup of something cupped between his hands. Shikamaru cocks an eyebrow at that statement.

"It's actually a good book, y'know." There's a lazy drawl to his own voice and as casual as he's trying to sound. If his voice is any different, there's a high chance that Tomio would have teased him about it so the lack thereof had to be a good sign.