Save Me From Falling to the Ground

It all started out with the day being beautiful, with the sky so clear and blue and the birds chirping on the branches of the cherry blossom trees. Beautiful it was indeed… until someone just had to ‘accidentally’ push me and make my face kiss the floor.

“Huh? Oh, it’s just you. I didn’t know that your first love was the ground,” a snobby teammate of mine said. I got up and saw Haizaki. Oh… how I want to kill him right now.

“Hello, Haizaki-kun. You pushed me,” I said to confirm that what he said a while ago was a mistake.

“I did? I didn’t see you there, did I?”

I could only blink.

“No,” I replied and bowed. “I must be going.”

He wore a disappointed look. “You’re a tough nut to crack,”

Crack me and I’ll go nuts, stupid Haizaki.

I walked away flawlessly, like how Akashi taught me, and headed on to the gym.

Once in the gym, I headed on to the locker rooms where everyone was already changing. No one noticed me, but hey, low presence and emotionless face master, who would notice a guy like me?

“Tetsu-kuuuuuun!!!”

Right… Momoi would.

I was hugged from behind and I felt her… um… balloons being pressed on my back. So this is where all her food goes. But how did she notice me?

“It was a great thing I saw the door open! I missed you so much, Tetsu-kun!” she said and hugged me tighter.

How could a girl be so strong? I’m suddenly jealous right now but that’s not the problem! I’m dying!!!

“Oi, Satsuki. Let go of Tetsu! You’re suffocating him!”

Thank you, Aomine-kun. May your skin be whiter someday and I hope you would look ten years younger.

Momoi-san let go of me and I fell to the floor… again.

“You really love the ground, don’t ya’?” Haizaki said from behind.

I sat up and glared at his smirk. I really want to kill him right now-

“Kuroko-cchi!”

Never mind about killing Haizaki. I shall put him into my death note then I shall deal with Kise later on. Why? I was brought down to the floor once more!

“Huh? Where are you, Kuroko-cchi?!!!!” Kise called out.

“I’m down here, Kise-kun,” I said, trying to keep my deadpan voice. But it seems that everyone took note of the venom.

But Haizaki didn’t stop laughing on his rear.

“Tetsuya,” I heard Akashi call. I turned my head towards him with a blank look, “Yes, Akashi-kun?”

“Why are you not changed?” he demanded.

I really want to blame this on Haizaki. But there’s no point in pointing fingers. “I’ve been delayed for too many times, Akashi-kun,”

I heard Haizaki scoff, “If you changed earlier, you wouldn’t be in trouble,”

I gave him a glare that said ‘you-will-die-later-on-once-I-put-your-name-in-my-death-note’. But he just smirked in return.

“Fine. Go get changed. Practice starts in 5 minutes,” Akashi said and walked out.

I nodded and started changing.

During practice, Nijimura-senpai made training a living hell for all of us. Akashi acted like he didn’t care and just kept on jogging. Aomine-kun was being an idiot, talking while training. Murasakibara-kun was eating at the benches. Midorima-kun was mumbling about horoscopes. Momoi-san was daydreaming. And Kise-kun was talking non-stop about how handsome he was in his photo books and that I should buy one.

I, on the other hand, was having a hard time trying to ignore everything around me… even Haizaki’s evil face that he’s making.

I sighed.

I’m just tired, that’s all.

SPLASH!!!

Oh, tired indeed I was…

Haizaki just had to throw the contents of his water bottle onto me.

“Midorima-kun, may I borrow your scissors?” I asked, reaching my hand out.

He raised a brow, “Why?”

“My hair is bothering me and I wish to cut it,” I said.

He was hesitant at first but he reached it over to me.

But it was snatched away by Akashi.

“Why, Tetsuya, you chose the wrong weapon,” he said.

I blinked. “Huh?” was my smart question.

He smirked. “Because if you use these kinds of scissors, you won’t be able to injure your prey,” he said.

I stared at him. He walked up to Haizaki with an evil smile on his face.

“You’re dead.”

Kise walked into the gym, whistling to himself while wiping his hands with his towel but then stopped when he saw all the red liquid on the floor.

“W-wh-wha-what the-

“Kise-kun,” I called out.

He turned his head to me and his gaze went to my black notebook… my death note but he didn’t know that… or did he?

“K-k-Kuroko-cchi!! What happened?!” he asked, scared to the bones.

I sighed, “Akashi seemed to read my death note. And he fulfilled my wish,” I said bluntly.

He gaped at me.

“Who died?” he asked.

“You-know-who,” was my casual reply. And his eyes brightened up.

“Yes!! I can finally have Kuroko-cchi to myself!!” Kise cheered, until his cheek had a slight cut and small ounces of blood spilled out.

“Ryouta,” Akashi hissed.

Kise gulped.

“Let me warn you that what’s mine is mine,” he said with a sadistic smile while cleaning the scissors I borrowed from Midorima-kun today. It seems that it hasn’t returned.

Kise gulped and nodded. Why? I don’t know. And what does Akashi mean by what he said? I’ll figure it out in the future.

And when I stared at Akashi, I saw his eyes being Heterochromatic. I had to just sigh. I’ll have to deal with a psychotic teammate now, compensation with killing Haizaki.

“Tetsuya,” he whispered and held my cheek, “You are mine,”

I lifted a brow but shook my head and gently pushed his hand away, “I am confused but I need to go and change, Akashi-kun,” I said.

He nodded and accompanied me to the locker rooms.

The end.