|Connor x Reader|

A/n: Here's the small crossover with Heavy Rain! Let's just pretend HR and DBH take place in 2038. Part three of the mini series with Connor is next! If any of you have questions to ask me, feel free to PM me! I'm losing many people in the sea of notifications. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••
~(Y/n)'s POV~

"So, who's our new friend?" I question Hank as he returns to his desk, gesturing to the man who was standing in Captain Fowler's office.

"Scott Shelby. He's a private detective. I don't like him for one damn second," Hank glares at the man who stood in front of Captain Fowler as he spoke.

"You didn't like Connor and now you already hate Shelby. Is there anyone you liked when you first met them?" I question curiously.

"Hell no. I didn't even like you when we first met. Now, we're drinking buddies."

Connor sat in front of my desk, his eyes scanning the private detective from afar. "Scott Shelby. Age: forty-four. He is a former Marine and police lieutenant. He is currently a private investigator."

"We've established that last part, Connor," Hank sighs.

"It seems he has a record on file that not even I can hack into."

I smirked, "Our dear new acquaintance must be hiding something pretty serious if Connor can't hack that file. If it weren't something serious, there's no need to lock everyone out."

"Suspicious as hell, but our major concern is how we're gonna work with him. Private investigators are fucking annoying to deal with. Always shoving their noses into shit and pestering victims and witnesses for information," the Lieutenant grumbles.

"Speaking of private detectives, here comes Shelby now," I whisper. Scott shuffled over, a serious expression painted on his face as he came to a halt in front of Hank's desk. The older man glanced up, raising a brow.

Shelby cleared his throat before speaking. "My name is Scott Shelby. I'm a private detective who is investigating the recent murders of five young boys in the past few months."

Seeing as Hank wasn't going to open his mouth, I stepped in. "A pleasure to meet you, Detective Shelby. I'm (Y/n) (L/n) and these are my partners—Hank Anderson and Connor." I didn't receive a word back, so I quickly changed the subject. "So, what do we know about the suspect?"

"Suspect has been kidnapping boys between the ages of nine and thirteen. Each body was found on some type of wasteland, always adjacent to train tracks three to five days after they were abducted. The bodies are also found with an origami figure in their right hand and an orchid on their chest," Shelby informed us.

"So, this 'Origami Killer' is quite a case. No leads and no strand of evidence to aid us in our search for this sicko," I groan, fiddling with a pen on my desk.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Connor's LED flicker from blue to yellow. The android stood up hastily and nearly bumped into my desk. "Another body was just found, (Y/n)."

"Lead the way, Connor." I snatch up my keys and Hank grabs his own. Shelby follows us out of the station and hops in Hank's car while Connor rode with me. We headed to the scene as the light drizzle turned into a downpour. "This rain seriously has to lighten up."

"We have received ten inches in total over the past month. We are lucky no flooding has occurred due to the showers being scattered," Connor stated.

"You a weather android now?" I giggle, earning a smile from the android.

-Abandoned Industrial Site-

"A pretty outlandish place to dump a body," I commented as Connor and I walked up on the scene. The boy's body had already been searched and the officers found an origami figure in his right hand that was shaped like a frog. One officer handed me the orchid that was on the child's chest once I put gloves on.