Thirteen, Mission

"There are two computer checkpoints between your starting point, and the information," the Captain says into my headpiece. He's across the building, sneaking in from the other side. "We'll cross paths in the middle. Do as I say and deactivate your checkpoint, understood?"

"Yes, Sir." I sneak my way in. Immediately, HYDRA soldiers catch me. I shoot my taser cuffs at two of them, and kick the last one down.

I deactivate the computer checkpoint as I was told. The door to a large tech room opens, and I slowly work my way in. Cap's door opens across the room from mine. We both do a glance around the perimeter and we both run over to the large computer.

"Your the science geek here, kid. I'll watch your back. Get all the information onto the hard drive then we can get the hell outta here." Cap says.

I start hacking into the computer and download hundred of files onto the hard drive. The bar continues to load as four soldiers bust into the room.

"Hurry it up, kid!" he says, running after the soldiers. I get out my dual pistols and push the silencer buttons. I shoot down two of them, and Cap takes down the other two. "There are more coming. Hurry!"

"The files are almost downloaded! I need at least thirty more seconds!" I say, "Can you hold them off?"

"For thirty seconds? The odds are in my favour." he pushes a few back who were pushing on his shield.

"Done! We can go." I grab the hard drive and stick it in a pouch on my side.

I'm suddenly jerked back as someone grabs my collar.

Cap flings his shield at their head. I'm set free, and I continue running to the exit. We get into the jet and we take off.

"Ah! We did it!" I sigh.

"You are a formitable ally, Agent Stark." he says, putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a reassuring smile. "How old are you again?"

"Fifteen, sir." I reply.

"Impressive. Stark has one hell of a kid here. He was finally right."

"Right?" I ask

"Tony has wanted a small group of teen superheros to clean up small acts like robberies and go on data missions," he explains, "I always thought it was a little risky, asking kids to do the work of adults, but you've proved me wrong, soldier."

I smile softly to myself. Excited on the inside.

Captain fucking America just said I proved him wrong!

"My one piece of advice is don't get cocky. You'll fail more that way." he says, "Eye on the prize. Not the pride."

"Tony is really good at following that one, huh?" I joke. He shoots me a look, "I jest."

"Even so, I can't believe he adopted someone like you."

"I don't know if that was a bash or a compliment. Elaborate, sir?" I request.

"I mean, Tony is so reckless. No doubt he's sent you into danger before," he says

"I mean, he has, but it was on me. If I would have followed exact suit, I wouldn't have the complications I did." I explain, "I was rather foolish. I've learned my lesson."

"When did you act out of line?"

"I wasn't prepared to be attacked. Not the way I was, anyway." I say, "I was banking on the fact they'd not see through my disguise, but they did and they stabbed me. Again."

"How many times have you been stabbed?"

"In the past two months, I'd say about three times. No biggie, though. I lived." I say, "I shouldn't think like that. I mean-"

"You mean you were caught up in Tony's recklessness and paid for it." he says, "I was in the hospital that day. I have to be honest, you made two people very nervous."

"Peter and Tony I'm guessing?"

"Yep."

"I'm guessing Peter told you the second he got his powers?"

"Ding dong, you are wrong. I didn't know until he saved me from doing something so stupid."

"What?"

"I would rather not talk about it." I say, dismissing the topic.

My phone suddenly rings. Tony.

"Yellow?"

"Purple. Remember that copy you caught yesterday?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I was able to find the company. We were right. It's an underground tech company called ANTI. Advanced Nano Technology Incorporated." he says, "They're goal at the moment is to infiltrate my labs and take an arc reactor. Also known as the one on my chest."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Nothing. Cap still with you?"

"Yeah?"

"Speaker phone, malady." he requests. I press the button. "Yo, Spangles. We got ourselves a problem."

"I wish you'd stop calling me that." Cap says, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Ain't gonna happen. We got ourselves a situation, I just told Bea about this, but there's an underground company called ANTI who's only goal in life at the moment is to get my chest decor."

"Their strategy?"

"Replication. They use some sort of nano tech to make themselves look like one of us." he says, "If anyone seems off, or there's two of anyone, you know what to do."

"Are you going to lock down the Avengers building?"

"Possibly. If I go into lockdown everybody will need a pass to get in and out of every door." he says, "Even rooms, got that, Time Witch?"

"Hey! I am not a time witch!" I shout defensively. He only laughs.

"We can talk more over lunch or something. And, by the way, Bea?"

"Yes?"

"You're a Time Witch." he hangs up.

"Not a Time Witch." I scold at the phone.

"Time Witch?" Cap asks

"I have the power to slow down time."

"Can you speed it up?"

"Dunno, haven't tried." I confess.

"Well if you haven't got a hero name for yourself, Time Witch seems like an option. You do control time?"

"Not well. I can't control when I do it. Only when I feel certain amounts of a certain emotion. Like anger, or sadness. Or fear and panic in some cases. I do that a lot."

He only laughs at my comment. Half knowing that I was dead serious, but I'm sure he didn't believe it somewhat after what just happened on the HYDRA base.

We land at the Avengers building and Tony and Peter come out to meet us.

"Did you get it?" Tony asks. I hold up the hard drive.

"Great." he takes it from me and Peter comes up to me, engulfing me into a hug.

"You have a very strong friend here, Peter." Cap says,

"You didn't freeze up?" he asks. I shake my head, giving him a smile. "That's great! Hey, Tony has some new training stuff. And we can practice with your guns?"

"Sounds good!" I say, and me and Peter walked off.