Chapter Five

ROBYNN.

Why? Why? Why was I so stupid? Kissing Will? Have I gone fucking insane? The same thoughts kept screaming in my head. I reached for my phone in my back pocket, but it wasn't there. And soon I began frantically searching for it. Oh no. Realization dawned on me the minute I couldn't find my phone on me. Of course, it was still with Will. I could not believe I became distracted kissing Will, I completely forgot to take my phone from him! How could I be so careless? I mentally kicked myself for being an idiot.

Sighing heavily, I went straight home. Great, Nate's probably calling me right this instant wondering where I've gone missing, and I don't have my phone with me. I kept cursing myself in my mind, then cursing Will under my breath, hoping karma will catch up with him.

Less than fifteen minutes later, I reached home, read to be screamed at by Nate. But to my surprise, the minute I stepped inside, I heard the sound of two males yelling at each other.

"I'M UNFIT TO TAKE CARE OF HER? YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME DAD. WHO'S THE ONE DRINKING MORE THAN HE CAN HANDLE? YOU EVEN DRANK BEFORE YOU CAME! I CAN SMELL IT ON YOU!" bellowed my older brother, Nate.

I've never heard Nate yell at dad. Hearing him do so made me have goose bumps.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I FUCKING RAISED YOU!"

"Oh. So we're playing that card now, huh? Okay. Enlighten me dad, WHO'S RAISING ROBYNN NOW, HUH? WHO WAS AROUND FOR HER WHEN YOU FUCKING STARTED DRINKING AGAIN?! ME! I WAS THERE! AND THE COURT SPECIFICALLY SAID YOU WERE UNFIT, SO THEREFORE ROBYNN IS UNDER MY CUSTODY!" continued a roaring Nate. If he got any louder I swear the roof will collapse soon. Or the neighbours might call the police. As much as I wanted to stay out of the fight they're having over me, I had to end this, before a blood bath began.

"ENOUGH! BOTH OF YOU!" I shouted as loud as I could. The two grown man, my brother with his loose tie and rolled up sleeve shirt and my dad with just a t-shirt and trackpants turned to face me with gaping mouths.

The look Nate was giving me was of concern and anger. I'm pretty sure he was torn between wanting to comfort me and strangle me to death for my disappearing act. I gave Nate an apologetic smile which he scowled at. Yeap, he's going to strangle me after this.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked my dad, exasperatedly.

"What do you mean why am I here? I'm here to see my daughter. Who apparently hung up on me when I called a few hours ago." he spoke angrily.

I rolled my eyes inwardly, "Yeah. sorry bout that, I was heading out to meet a friend." , I lied through gritted teeth.

"Well, if that was the case, you could've just told me. You made me worried sick about you." he said softly.

Behind him, I could see my brother rolled his eyes. As my dad took a step forward towards me, I backed up. "Okay, since everything's settled, and I'm home safely, I think it's about time I head to bed."

And with my famous last words, I headed to my room. After slamming the door, I heard dad yelled words that could corrupt an innocent child's ears then left slamming the door too. Like father like daughter, hah. As I was getting ready for bed, Nate knocked softly on my door. "Hey, can I come in?", he asked softly, as if afraid I might say no.

"Yeah, I'm decent. Come in" I urged him. My bedroom door creaked open, Nate stood at the doorway, his arms folded across his chest, a wary and tired look crossed over his face. My heart sank, finally realising the pain and anguish I've put him through.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Robynn, you should've told me you were gonna head out to meet Jessica and Kate." What? oh yeah, I forgot I lied about that. Man, I should kee track of what I'm saying. One of these days he's going to catch me on a lie.

"I know, I know. But something came up, and you being upset about She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-In-This-Household, I didn't wanna push you to the edge."

"Still baby sister, you should have. You have no idea how worried I was. And when you didn't pick up your phone! What's with that? You've never done that before sis." said a very pained brother of mine.

"Yeah, about that...well, my phone is kinda missing...." I said in my softest voice.

"You misplaced your phone? Again?"

"I'm sorry! It's a really crowded place you know."

"I know. You should've called me through Jess' or Kate's phone. Starting from tomorrow onwards, I need their number too. Okay? So I know where you're going and when are you heading back. That okay with you? I'm not being too much of a parent am I?" chuckled Nate.

I lit up hearing his laughter. Nate's not too mad. Possibly cause he's too tired. Or he's cutting me some slack after the dad incident.

"No, but if you start to I'll tell you." I smiled at him.

"Noted. Goodnight lil sis. Sweet dreams." Nate smiled sweetly at me, making his way out of my room. He closed my door lightly and I began cuddling under my covers. After talking to Nate, I felt at ease. That was until I realised my phone was still with that jerk. The thought of him holding onto it gave me nightmares.