Chapter 24 - Fawn

Fawn gasped as Rider's lips crashed down on hers. She sat there steered from a moment before kissing him back. His soft lips moved again her coxing her more into the kiss. Fawn's hands moved to thread in his silky hair. His kiss was soft yet passionate, better than any of the other kisses he had given her. Warmth flooded her senses she deepened the kiss and Fawn had to cling to him as she drowned in the passion of the kiss.

All too soon Rider ended the kiss and Fawn took a second to recover, pouting slightly in disappointment. Rider chuckled as he rested his forehead on hers his beautiful eyes locking with hers

'You're perfect, little Bambi' he whispered. Fawn blushed and wondered what gave him that idea. Fawn could see the heat in his eyes surly mirroring her own and she bit her lip.

Was he going to kiss her again? She hoped so.

An annoying ringing filled the air and broke the spell around them. Her phone was ringing. Searching around she looked for her phone. Rider sighed before plucking it from the couch cushions and handed it over. Fawn glanced at the contact card, not sure if she should answer it or not.

'Who is it?' Rider gruff voice asked. Fawn bit the inside of her cheek debating on whether or not to tell him it was Chase or not. The two bikers had been getting on but recently Chase had been talking the overprotective 'brother' role to more extremes as he saw their relationship progressing and whenever Fawn and Rider had a chance together he would appear. Rider had not been too subtle about his annoyance for the blonde biker.

'It's Chase' she said hesitantly watching aggravation flash I his eyes. He must have sensed her hesitance because it quickly disappeared, his eyes softening.

'Go on then' he told her gesturing for her to answer the phone and winking when he notices her hesitation.

'Hey Chase!' she greeted the phone

'Hello, my dear little Fawn, I have a friend of yours with me' a cold male voice answered her. Fawn's hear dropped. This was not Chase on the phone. she felt she recognised the voice, but she couldn't place it. It wasn't the mountain man's voice so who was it?

The man kept talking, 'Now answer me, little Fawn, are you alone?'

Fawn hesitated, trying to keep her expression natural. She wasn't sure what was going on but the one thing that Fawn knew was that Chase was I trouble.

'Answer me Fawn or your friend here will suffer' on cue in the background she heard a male grunt.

'No, I'm with Rider.' She told him worried for Chase's safety.

'Now listen to me little Fawn,' the man told her gruffly 'if you not at the corner of Arch street I the next two hours, we will kill Chase' there was shuffling on the phone before she heard him. Chase.

'Fawn...... don – don't come,'his horse voice pleaded into the phone, coughing slightly, his low husky voice turned gruff. Fawn could hear the pain in his voice and cried inside when he grunted into the phone obviously being hit by something either to shut him up or to get to her – both probably.

Fawn blinked back the tears crying in her head for the closest family she had, she already knew she would do anything for him.

'Oh, and one more thing, come alone otherwise...' the man trailed off and Fawn heard a grunt of pain down the phone

'So, Fawn, time is ticking, what are you going to do' he said Fawn could picture is smirk as he chuckled gruffly down the line making her skin crawl.

'Okay, Okay I'll see you soon'she told the phone schooling her voice and facial expression from Rider. No one else was going to get hurt because of her – she would make sure of it.

'Hurry my little Fawn'the man told her. His voice was cruel as he hung up.

Fawn impressed herself as she switched her phone of and schooled her expression.

'What did he want Bambi?' Rider asked, his voice playful as his fingers tickled her sides forcing a small giggle from her.

Keep it together Fawn – she mentally praised herself for appearing calmer than she actually was

'Oh, he wats to go on a walk with me I like an hour' she told him knowing that he would stay with her until Chase came to get her. Just like that she began to think up a plan I her head. Determination flooded her allowing herself to push back the tears and panic.

'I think I'm going to go take a quick shower' she told him, begging getting up to leave subconsciously biting her lip trying to act casual while havoc roared around in her head

'I'll take you up' he said stilling her movements and hoisting her on his back.

Che clung extra tight to him on the way back to the clubhouse. She hated to admit it to herself, but she didn't think she was going to see her brave biker again. When they got to the clubhouse she squeezed him tight and made to get of his back to go up the stairs but her tightened his hold, insuring not to hurt her ash he ran up the stairs with her on his back, his feet thundering along each step. She chuckled at his antics, but she struggled to smile through panic on her mind.

Rider set her down back on her feet and threw himself on his bed. Fawn eyed him. If he stayed in the room than the chance of her being able to slip away was slight.

'W-what are you doing,' she asked trying not to show her distress of his presence.

'Why, do you want me to leave' he asked chuckling, getting of the bed and moving to tower over her.

'N-No' she told him trailing off, biting her sleeve in worry which he tugged away from her mouth and leaned down kissing forehead softly. Fawn allowed herself a moment to bask in him. her eyes fluttered shut as she savoured the feel of his lips against her skin.

He pulled back and gently pushed her I the direction of the attached bathroom saying, 'Go on the, I'll be here when you get out,' he told her gently.

Fawn stumbled into the bathroom snapping onto action. Outside the window of the bathroom was a great oak tree that she could use to climb down but she would have to be careful to not get spotted by the patrol. She had kept her notebook and pencil to scribble a note to Rider before she switched on the shower which masked the noise she made when she climbed out of the window.

One word lay brut in her mind as nimbly climbed down the tree, dropping to her feet.

Chase.

- A/N - how may of you guys guessed what was going to happen?

VOTE and COMMENT

- Kiki the Kiwi 🥝