Ghost Hugs

On a bright afternoon, sunlight shone through the window to Bow's room. Rays lazily sprawled across the dusty floor, catching a particle in the air here and there. The ghost herself was just out of reach of the light, hovering over the table. The only other light sources were her phone, which she was tapping away at, and a faint glow coming off of herself.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Bow turned to watch as the door squeaked opened, revealing a red headed, chubby, messy girl none other than Apple. Once the girl in question noticed Bow and their eyes made contact, she smiled and stepped into the room, shutting the door with a creek and a click. Bow rolled her eyes, too late to leave now, and looked back at her phone.

"Hey Bow!"

"Oh hey Pomegranate," Bow replied in a rather disinterested tone from behind her phone screen, barely looking up at the person speaking. "What do you want?"

"Apple."

"Whatever."

"Well uh, I brought you a gift!" Apple began, pulling a piece of paper out from behind her back. "I figured since I draw so many things for Marshmallow, that I'd give you something too!" she exclaimed as she turned it around in her hands and held out the image for Bow to get a good look at it.

It was fairly simple, a rather sketchy crayon drawing of Apple, Bow, and Marshmallow holding hands in what looked like a green smudge of a field, with little hearts dotted here and there. But what had caught Bow's attention within this moment was the fact that she and Marsh were holding hands! She couldn't place it properly, but for some reason this poorly done drawing made her rather happy! An excited smile spread across her face while she eyed it for a moment longer.
Caught in the moment of joy, Bow looked up from the picture and quickly threw herself at Apple, arms extended towards the object of her seemingly spontaneous affection.

"Oh thank you, I-" Bow paused, having realized that she had completely forgotten she couldn't actually hug Apple, so much as she just phased through her. She whipped around, pulling her tail the rest of the way through, to find Apple had actually held out her arms to receive the hug! The drawing she held having since fluttered to to floor. The poor gal slowly turned around, the confusion ever so present on her face. She drew in her arms for a moment, before realization hit her and she let out a little giggle, a small smile across her face with a tad of blush.

"Oh yea, I forgot that wouldn't work." Apple laughed, rubbing the back of her hand sheepishly.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I hoped that if I wished for it hard enough, I'd get to hug you!" She held out her arms for a moment to gesture, before her casual smile changed to a look of concern. "Wait, did you not want a hug?"

"What? I- look, it like, it doesn't matter, ok Kiwi?" A blush spread across her face, her tail moving restlessly beneath her.

"Apple."

"Whatever!" Bow threw her hands up in the air, before she turned around and stormed out of the room through the nearest wall, going through with a faint pop. That left Apple, who just stood there dumbfounded for a moment, the silence of the room setting in.

"Did I do something wrong?"