A Sweet Realization

"What the heck is that kumquat's deal? She's always following you around everywhere and holding your hands like she's trying to rub it in my face that I can't do that, and she keeps asking what this and that means and it's so weird! And now she's starting to follow me around like a lost puppy too!!" Bow exclaimed as she paced around the library in the mansion. It was a dusty room like the rest, but with books covering shelves and select spots on the old floor. The curtains were drawn open to let in the afternoon light, and Marshmallow sat on the worn couch with her legs neatly tucked under her. She propped up her head with her arm as she listened to Bow continue on, watching with interest.
"She just doesn't get anything does she? She's so charmingly clueless that I just can't stand her sometimes!" Bows tail thrashed as she moved about the room. "And the way her eyes light up when she sees us! Speaking of eyes did you know I catch her staring at me sometimes? I mean, she does that to you too but it so creepy! And I should know, being a ghost and all." Bow huffed and crossed her arms.

Marshmallow giggled. "You know, it kinda sounds like you have a crush on Apple." She mused, as she sat up straight on the old couch and neatened out her dress.

"What!? I do not, I- she's just so-" Bow stopped for a moment, her hands rested on her hips as she took it into consideration that Just Maybe, she had developed these kinds of feelings for the gal.
After a minute she froze, and let her arms drop to her sides, a look of realization spread across her ghostly face.
"Oh my god."
Bow sat there stunned for a moment, her expression changing to something a little less easier to read, her hands curling up into little fists. Marshmallow sat there awkwardly for a moment, not quite sure what to say to her partner. She got up and took a step forward, opening her mouth to- "brb." Bow muttered, and quickly flew out of the room, leaving behind another concerned and puzzled person today.

Bow made quick work of getting back to her room, which had long since been left by Apple after the gal was ditched in there. In the fading light of the afternoon sun, she circled around for a moment before settling above the drawing Apple had dropped when Bow had- it wasn't important to think about, and she ejected the thought from her mind.
Taking a second good look at the picture, over the warm feeling filling her chest, her eyes settled upon a detail she didn't take into account earlier.
Though she and Marsh were holding hands in it, Apple was holding her other hand; their crudely drawn arms overlapping at the ends in a little ball.

Once again a blush spread across her face as she quickly looked away for a moment, eyes darting around the room to confirm she was alone.
Once she was certain, she leaned back over the drawing. Her faded hands slowly moved to the sides of the image, and she managed to pick it up! Bow moved fast, tucking it in her nightstand's drawer to hide it from any prying eyes.  She wasn't quite sure why she was intent on keeping it hidden, but she shrugged it off and floated out of her room.

Once she made it back to the room where she'd previously ditched Marshmallow in, she stopped in her tracks to find the soft gal was still there, just sitting on the floor reading. Marsh looked up, and let out a soft sigh. "Oh, there you are!"

Bow stared at her for a moment. "Were you waiting for me?"

"I figured you'd be gone a little longer." Marsh replied, as she gently closed the book and set it down on the floor next to her.

"Whatever, it um. I mean, uh," Bow hesitated with her words, as she floated closer to Marshmallow. "I think you're right." Bow mumbled and gently crossed her arms.

"About Apple?"

"Yea.." Bow responded with a sigh, slumped over a little in the air .

Marshmallow giggled as she stood up to properly be face to face with Bow. "I know the feeling." She tugged at the hem of her dress to straighten it out.

"Well, like, should I tell her?" Bow asked, her tail swishing away under her.

"If You want to, Bow! I mean, you're both wonderful girlfriends to me already. There's no harm if you want to try dating each other, too." Marshmallow replied as she held out her hands, to which Bow rested hers on top, her fingertips phasing through a little. She smiled softly, the blush on her face noticeable on her pale skin.

Bow smiled warmly back, "Yea I'm sure you're right.." she leaned in close to Marshmallow and gave her a quick peck on the lips. Then she pulled away, mock confidence in her voice. "Besides! I gotta keep my girls safe and it'd be good for her to know I've got her back and that she can trust me!!" Bow exclaimed as she floated up a little in the air, arms extended and a grin on her lips.
"And I think I know just what to do!"