The Good Ship Friendship's sailing

3rd person POV:

Jonghyun never knew there were so many types of pregnancy tests. The differing brands and necessities boggled his mind and grated on his already frazzled nerves. He had spent almost 20 minutes just trying to figure out which kind Kikah would need. Whether she needed early detection, the kind with a plus or minus, or one that actually said pregnant not pregnant. He was almost in tears before he just googled to see which was highly rated and got that one.

He had decided he was never going to do this again, after a woman looked at him strangely when she saw what was in his cart.

Hastily, he made his way from the nosy woman before she could ask him any questions.

Zipping down the aisles, Junghyun loaded his cart with anything he could find in an effort to cover up the pregnancy test down at the bottom. Even though his face mask had obscured most of his face, the part that could be seen was bright red in embarrassment.

Randomly, he grabbed things with unseeing eyes, anything and everything that was within reach as he raced down each aisle. There were steaks, woman's panty hose, one potato, a small watermelon, triple A batteries, the newest edition of Cosmo, a pair of flip flops, rice flour, a bottle of soju, lychee juice, 2 cartons of banana milk and 6 small tubs of Gochujang (hot pepper paste).

Basket full, he dashed towards the self-check out. Only, when he got there, he found that there was a line. Even at this time of night, the grocery store had a considerable number of shoppers. Reluctantly, he made his was to a regular check out line. Luckily, there was only one person ahead of him and for that he was grateful. He wanted to get the hell out of this place as fast as possible.

Nervously, he shifted from foot to foot. Eyes darting from the cashier--to his basket--back to the cashier.

He tried to calm himself down when the cashier glanced at him suspiciously. He didn't blame the guy, Jonghyun knew he was acting shady as hell. Like he had been in the store stealing or was about to rob the place---just mad suspect.

Finally, it was his turn.

He placed his items onto the conveyor one by one, but when he got to the pregnancy test he placed it under the magazine. He watched as the cashier scanned each item on bated breath.

He had just scanned the magazine and placed it in the bag, so the test was now visible.

Quickly, Junghyun looked around to make sure no one was really paying attention to his items. Everyone behind him, seemed interested in their own world. Some were on their phones, while others talked among themselves.

He watched as the cashier picked up the test and scanned it.

Sighing, he finally relaxed. Thinking he was in the clear. Then started to panic when the cashier scanned it again, and again. The price apparently wasn't coming up for it. Jonghyun became alarmed when the cashier held the test in his hand and picked up the phone.

"I need a price check on clear blue easy." Echoed the cashiers voice over the loud speaker of the store. "I repeat, price check on clear blue easy."

Jonghyun watched as the lady behind him smiled. He tried to look away and focus on his phone so that he wouldn't have to answer any of the questions he knew were coming, to no avail.

"So," she beamed. "Have you and your wife been trying long?"

Shaking his head, he answered politely. "This isn't for me."