Chapter 9

Lucas's POV

I sighed heavily. Max created such a mess in town hall. It took hours to clean up.

Rubbing my forehead I knocked softly at his hospital room door. I sighed waiting.

"Max?" I asked opening the door and gasped not seeing him in bed. I looked over and saw his window wide open.

I took off running to Collins's office. I knocked before opening the door quickly.

Avery stood and looked at me scared. "What's wrong?" She asked

"Max is missing." I said and watched as she  dropped the mug making it shatter.

Collins stood and caught her before she fainted. He tried his best to calm her. I whined watching him

He looked over at me. "Lucas round up the warriors and Cody. Find Max before something happens." He said.

I nodded and left the room heading to Cody's house.

I pounded on the door with my fist frantically. Cody swung the door open and looked at me. "What happened?" He asked.

"I went to check on Max and he's gone. His window wide open. He's missing." I half yelled growing worried for my Alpha.

Cody set his hands on my shoulder making me jump. "First calm down and take a deep breath. Did you gather warriors?" He asked

Taking a deep shaky breath I shook my head no. "I came straight here after telling Collins and Avery." I said and frowned

Cody frowned and nodded leaving the house closing the door. "Come on." He said walking towards town hall.

I whined and followed him. I'm glad Cody is still around. The pack is in so much panic right now it's not even funny.

I know they all understand why he attacked the men but they know something is wrong.

I know something is wrong.

Cody looked around at the warriors. "Alpha Max is missing." He called. I stood next to him and watched several of the warriors stop and looked at him.

"What happened? Did something take him?" Some of them asked all at once

Cody held his hand up to them. He looked over at me to explain.

I swallowed hard and looked at them. "I went to check on him in the hospital and he was gone. His window was wide open. I say we start there and try to follow his scent. Once we find him we have to be careful. I think he is suffering from schizophrenia, multiple personality disorder, his wolf is acting out." I explained watching the warriors closely.

The warriors nodded and frowned. "We will find our Alpha." One of them said confidently.

I nodded to him and looked at Cody. Cody smiled. "Let's head for the hospital. I'll call Taylor and see if he showed up there." He said stepping aside calling the Alpha.

I sighed and took the others to the hospital and found his room outside it's window. "We will wait for Cody." I called and looked around to see if there was any sign.

Cody walked over to us frowning. "Taylor said he hasn't showed up at their house. But he is sending patrols out to look for him." He said.

I nodded and looked at a few warriors who shifted and was sniffing out Max's scent.

"They found it. Let's follow his scent. And be alert of anything." I said and shifted into my jet black wolf. I huffed and followed after the trackers.