Chapter Two

An ombre of orange and yellow swept over the sky like a curtain as the group ran away from the hospital they were placed in. They followed the path through the thickly wooded forest, turning the corner to find that the path had stopped. The helicopters roaring above them passing them due to the immense amount of leaves and shrubs. Alice suddenly stopped in the middle, taking a quick second to peer into the dark areas. She squinted, spotting a distant figure seeming to stare at them. She nudged Rosie and pointed towards the person. Rosie looked, her eyes widening. She threw herself at Alice, causing Jaden to collapse with them. He groaned in pain as he rubbed his eyes. Alice glared at them.

"What?" Alice shot at Rosie in a pissed off tone.

"That's the police you idiot! Now they know! We have to kill them off or keep running!" She replied.

"Well, I mean, I could kill them"

Rosie and Alice both looked over at Jaden before looking at each other again, nodding towards Jaden. He got up and pulled out a keyblade and took off in the direction of the man. Startled, the man pulled out a pistol and began firing. Jaden ducked and rolled followed by a side jump as another bullet fired. The pistol fired another shot, missing Jaden by a long shot. He threw himself at the man, twisting the police's wrist and forcefully pulling the gun out. Right before that, the man pulled the trigger straight at Rosie. As a reaction, Jaden put his hand in front of the flying bullet, piercing through his hand and landing in a tree right next to the two girls. He held back a scream of pain and fell back, holding on to his hand as the waves continued to pulse through his body. The policemen slowly got up and grabbed the gun from off the floor, dusting himself off before pointing it at Jaden. He pulled the trigger and in a split second, a blast of magic tossed the gun straight out of his hand. Rosie pulled out a knife from thin air and tossed it. It pierced through the mysterious man's head and he fell to the floor. Blood soaked his clothes and soon enough, darkness overwhelmed the man. He passed away in the forest. The girls quickly rushed over to Jaden as he held on to his hand.  He attempted the healing spell, CURE but shakily dropped his blade, causing an electric shock. He dropped to the floor again. Rosie picked up the keyblade and said the words HEAL. It enclosed them in a pink light. The wound on Jaden's hand healed, leaving only a scar. 

"Thanks."

"No problem." She replied, smiling over at him.

Alice looked away as she overheard their happy conversation, feeling immediate regret of coming to them. She had felt like she ruined their time together. 

"Alice?" Jaden called to her, seeing her look away.

"I'm fine."

Despite the burning hatred towards each other, Rosie felt pity for Alice. Rosie knew that she did have feelings for Jaden, but because of her presence, Alice couldn't express her feelings or confess to him. Rosie got up and hugged her, whispering "I'm sorry.." to her before walking back to Jaden. Alice brushed away a tear from her eyes. She slowly picked herself off the floor and continued to lead the group. They continued to walk until they made it to a little shack. A short female and a tall male stood there. They waved to them and hugged them. One of them held a flimsy dagger while one looked like a ninja. 

"Mordecai! My man!" Jaden yelled as he ran across the bridge and down to the ravine.

"Hey!"

"We missed you!"