After the breakup

Hazel POV:
I closed my locker door, getting ready for first period at Degrassi high school. I've been bummed out ever since yesterday when me and jimmy broke up....I've been crying all night last night and even this morning. My eyes were all red and puffy and I looked hella tired because I was tbh. I slowly walked, holding the books close to my chest. I yawned as I saw a figure walk next to me, my Bestfriend, Paige.
"Hey best- what's wrong Haz? You look tired? What happened?" She asked as she stopped us from walking and looked at me, standing in front of me.
I signed
"Yesterday... me and Jimmy broke up....because of Ellie....he likes Ellie" I said as I began to break down in tears
Paige grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. She's always  been my Bestfriend, even tho she gets us in trouble a lot. But she never puts me down, she's always by my side...no matter what.
"Hazel don't cry, he's a assface for that!!" She said as she let go of me cupping my face with her hands.
I grin and signed
"I miss him...." I said as I sniffed and wiped the tear rolling from my right eye.
"I know, but hey he doesn't know what he's missing. Plus, Ellie? Why her? Out of ANYbody? He was stupid for doing that to you!" She said as we continued back to walking to our first class....which is with jimmy.
"I don't know, maybe-" I signed as we walked in class, but i stopped when I saw jimmy in his wheelchair, throwing a basketball around with spinner. He turned to look at me. I bit my lip nervously, ready to turn back around.
I turned around, heading out the door just to be greeted by Paige with the "Your not going anywhere" face. I rolled my eyes and walked into class, with her following right behind me.
I sign deeply as I took my seat, which happens to be right in front of jimmy, behind Ellie and next to Paige. Spinner was beside Jimmy and behind Paige.
I bit my lip nervously again and looked at Paige nervously, not wanting to turn around.
Paige grin and patted my arm. I signed.
"Hey Haz, heard you and jimmy broke up. What happened?", spinner said tapping my shoulder. I turned around
"Nothing-" I said
"It's none of your business spin! Put a sock in it" Paige said turning around as well.
"Ok jeez! Jimmy?"
"Let's just say....art" jimmy said
I couldn't look at him but I knew he was looking dead at me. I turned around nodding my head and looked back forward.
*
*
*
In the middle of class, little miss art queen, Ellie walked in late with a bunch of books and notebooks in her arms.
"Ms. Nash...your late"
"Sorry, it won't happen again" she said smiling and looking at jimmy before sitting down in front of me. I didn't even wanna see what his reaction was, I knew he was probably cheesing and etc.
I crossed my arms, leaning back in my seat, groaning.
While the teacher was talking, Ellie turned around
"Hey, jimmy. Are u free after school? For the art thing?" She asked still smiling
I signed softly putting my hand on my head, laying down, so it'll be easier for her to see him🙄.
I looked back a little
"Yea...yeah yeah I can" he said, with a grin
"Great" she smiled turning back around
*
*
*
*
There was 5 minutes left in class, and I was excited to get out.
I felt a tap on my shoulder again....hoping it was spinner again, but it wasn't...I knew it wasn't. That touch gave me chills down my spin, and I knew it was jimmy.

I turned around nervously...
"What?" I asked quietly, barely looking at him
"Talk to me after class, meet me in the football field", he said with a straight face
I was hesitant but I nodded agreeing and turned back around.
*
*
*
Me and jimmy went to the football field, since 2 period is a free period for us every Thursdays (today's Thursday btw).
We walked in awkward silence. I was rolling him in his wheelchair for him since I didn't want him to use his hands the whole time.
We made it and I pulled him over to the bleachers, as I sat down in front of him in the bleachers.

"What?" I asked
"We needa talk....."
"About?" I said crossing my arms. There was really nothing left to say
"Come on hazel you know what this is about!" He said groaning
"What do you mean? We broke up, ring a bell? You obviously like Ellie, so u gave you your chance. Go get her tiger" I said with a shrug, trying not to look at him because if I did I'd break down again.
"Hazel....i dont- hazel!!!" He said semi yelling at me for not looking at him
I kept my head down playing with my fingers
"Hazel! Look at me!" He said as he almost got up just to get me to look at him.
"NO! Sit back down!" I yelled as I sat him back down, still not looking at him.
"Hazel! Then look at me!!!"
"If I look at you- I- I'm gonna cry" I said as my voice started cracking, tears flowing down my face
"Haz....please..." he said softly as he held my hands, trying to look in my eyes.
I slowly looked up at his eyes. He's eyes were even more beautiful, especially since the sun rays laid down on them perfectly dark brown eyes.
I bit my lip trying not to cry. I couldn't I looked back down covering my face, crying.
"Plzzzzz, babyg- I mean hazel look up at me"
I shook my head
He signed as I felt him get up. What! I looked up and he was sitting down next to me in the bleachers. He looked like he was having a hard time, but he got it.
"No no jimmy get back in your wheelchair!" I panicked as I tried getting him up
"Hazel hazel! I'm fine ight?" He laughed
I grinned a little.
"Hazel sit down and let me talk to you" he said as he grabbed me by my waist, sitting me back down.
I was wondering my eyes everywhere
"Hazel, I wanna talk to you. I'm sorry, I still love you. When you broke up with my yesterday I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. I was crying and I don't ever cry unless I really care, and I do care, about you and this situation. You were right, I did paint Ellie's face but it was a mistake. I should have painted your beautiful face not hers. Anyways I wanted to say I'm sorry and I love you" He said looking at my eyes the whole time
He looked down and grabbed my hand holding it tight, he brought it to his lips and kissed it.
"Jimmy- I- i dont know what to say.....that really hurted me. U don't have a clue. I wanna forgive you but maybe we should just stay....friends? For a while. I mean you and Ellie totally hit it off yesterday...all lovey dovey. I just don't wanna be in you guys way, so I backed off and I'm backing off."
The bell rung which means 3 period is here. I don't have that class with anybody but with Ellie.
"I- i gotta- WE have to go to class....bye Jimmy" I said as I grabbed my things and about to get up.
Jimmy was already sitting back in his seat as I was saying what I had to say (BTW)
"Hazel, wait!" He said as he grabbed my arm
I looked back at him, pulling my arm away from his grip
"I'm backing off. Friend.....bye jimmy" I said as I walked away from him....leaving him dumbfounded
I felt warm, salty tears run down my face again as I whipped them away and started walking fast so I wouldn't be late for science.

I backed off...I'm backing off....and I'm keeping it that way.....