Escape. 2

Layla's (POV)

I woke up around one in the afternoon to my mom calling my name. I jumped up, still sore from earlier, and rushed down stares to see what she needed. Jamie had already left for school, and she didn't give ma her medicine. That lil girl is so freaking irresponsible. So I gave ma her medicine, and layed her down to get some rest. I went in the kitchen to get something to eat, but the fridge was empty.

Jamie must have made her and ma the last three eggs and what was left of the milk. I assumed. I went back upstairs to change into something decent. So that I could head to the store and buy some groceries; with the last lil bit of money I had made from last week.

On my way to the store I saw my home-girl Lizzie hugged up with her boyfriend Josh. Hey girrl, she yelled out from across the street. Wassap, I responded back smiling. Josh sells dope with me and Cameron. Their both like a brother and a sister to me. I'm real busy though y'all I'll hit you up later fams, I said.

They said okay, and watched me walk off. Oh crap I think they know something is wrong. I thought speeding up my pace so they wouldn't have time to ask me what's wrong. I made it to the store, and I shopped for about three hours for groceries. Maybe the results weren't positive. I thought.

So I grabbed another pregnancy test just to be sure. I took a short cut to the house cause I didn't want to run back into Lizzie and Josh. When I got home, after I put the groceries up, I rushed into the bathroom to take this test.

Sitting there waiting on the results made me really anxious, and it made me think about things. What if Cameron doesn't want the baby? I begin to cry as that thought crept into my mind. 2 minutes passed and the pee test was positive, meaning I'm pregnant! Should I tell him, when should I tell my mom, and am I even gonna keep it? All these thoughts were running through my mind and giving me a head ache. I leaned over the toilet and threw up.

Oh God what am I going to do, I said. I washed up and got into bed, still thinking about the results. Okay so just last month I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. I didn't tell anyone because I thought it was inaccurate. Clearly it was accurate!

My phone rang, and it was Jamie. Oh crap, I said. I forgot I had to pick her up from volleyball practice. I answered it and said I'm on my way, then hung up. I picked her up and took her to McDonald's to get some nuggets since I was late picking her up.

When we got home she showered, did her homework, and then went to bed. I woke ma up and made her some grilled cheese sandwhiches, and gave her water so she could take her medicine.

After that I made sure she was bathed and put her back to sleep. I don't like cleaning the dishes, but I gotta keep the house cleaned. Its 7 and it's time for me to got to work. I put on some darker clothes, and straightened my hair. Before I left I went into Jamie and my moms rooms to kiss their forheads while they were sleeping, and whisper to them that I love them.

On my way out I grabbed my keys and my jacket, and drove to my destination. I saw everyone was already there waiting on me, so I was late. I got out the car and Cameron handed me the merchandise. Be back at 10 bae and I love you, he said giving me a kiss on the cheek. I love you too, I said and then walked back to my car. Looking for these addresses is frustrating, but I need this money. I finished selalleing all my merchandise by 9:50 that gave me 10 minutes to get back to Cameron.

Part of me just wanted to go home cause I was tired, but I knew he'd come and get me so I drove back to where he was. He was finishing up his pickup with some lil kid that only looked to be 10 years old. I didn't like the thought of a young boy buying drugs for any reason, it just really does something to me. Cameron hopped in my car so I could take him home.

While driving in the awkward silence I was thinking again, should I tell him? I told myself it wasn't time... When would be the right time? He asked me to come inside when we got there, and I said no. Surprisingly he left it at that, got out and went into his apartment. It started to rain on my way home. I rushed into the house so I wouldn't get sick. I took a shower then layed in bed. I heard someone throwing something at window. Fear began to creep up on me. I hope its not Cameron...