1

Los Angeles, CA

"Get up loser." Holly let herself into Grace's room and threw a pillow at her.

"For what." She groaned, rolling over and stuffing her head into a pillow.

"Hm, I don't know, maybe training with Man City? Kind of an important day." Holly smirked.

"Oh, that's today. Tom and I were literally talking about it before I went to bed last night." Grace shrugged as she got out of bed.

"I hate that we're 20 and your twin brother already plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world." Holly mentioned as the two walked into the kitchen.

"Triplets-" She reminded her friend with a shrug. "But, nothing I can do about it." Her eye caught the food laid out and she stood back jokingly shocked. "Did you make breakfast?!"

"I mean you weren't gonna do it." Holly nudged her. "Also grab some and go cause we've literally got to go in 10 minutes."

———

"So are you excited to see your brother?" Holly asked as they started their daily walk to practice.

"I know you are." Grace joked. "No joke though, you should hop on that. I am excited to see Kevin though, I haven't seen him since I left City." She admitted.

"I like how you and Kevin De Bruyne are just on a casual first-name basis." Holly rolled her eyes. "And wait- you're telling me to go after Thomas but what about you? I'm sure there's plenty of eligible footballers on that team." She winked.

"Yeah, but I'm not about that right now. I've got enough to worry about here, let alone a transatlantic relationship."

"Sounds like you've been thinking about that a lot." Holly raised an eyebrow as they walked into the athletic center.

"Shut up." Grace smirked. She looked down the hallway and spotted a few City players standing around. "I'll catch up with you, 'kay?" She turned to Holly, who just nodded and walked towards their locker room. She started walking towards the players, and one tall one with brown hair who she didn't recognize spotted and pointed her out to the others before she reached them.

"Grace! I was hoping we'd see you." Kevin's smile lit up as he turned around to look at what his teammate was pointing at.

"Well, there's not that many UCLA women's soccer teams in LA are there." She grinned as they hugged.

"As sarcastic as ever." He chuckled. "Oh, this is John Stones and Kyle Walker." He gestured to the two men beside him, one of them being the brunet who had pointed her out. She smiled politely as she shook their hands. "They both transferred after you left." He explained.

"Left?" John asked. He seemed to be intrigued by her, having not moved his gaze from Grace since she approached them.

"I was at the women's academy for a season." She stated awkwardly, clasping her hands behind her back.

"Why only a season?" Kyle pressed.

"They... well they kicked me out." She grimaced. "I knew they had only let me in to get my brother to join the academy but I was hoping they'd at least give me a chance." She joked, trying to lighten the subject.

"Wait, are you Thomas's sister?" John asked, slowly connecting the dots to his newest center-back partner.

"I am, yep." She smirked. "Anyways, it was nice to meet you, but I've got to go get ready for our session. See you on the pitch!" She waved as she walked away.

There was silence between the men before John cleared his throat. "She's cool." He stated, earning himself a funny look from each of his teammates.