Chapter 3: Abort Mission

After the whole incident with Will who was trying to chase us because we had his beloved screwdriver, we decided to head to my house. I unlocked the door and entered, Matt and Will following behind me. We kicked off our shoes and headed to the living room where we saw my brothers who were trying to entertain themselves. Shane and Sean were playing Street fighter on the floor while Shade was lying upside down on the recliner watching them.

"Hey guys, where's mom and dad?" I sat on the couch as Matt grabbed the bowl of chips beside Sean, stuffing his face with Doritos and Will grabs the bottle of cola then chugs it down.

"Mom said she'll be working late tonight because she had a big feast to whip up at the restaurant and dad had to observe a kid until midnight, when his shift ends." Shade said, clearly bored out of his mind.

"So, what's for dinner?" Shane asks, beating Sean in the game as my cool bro responds with a grunt.

The question sinks in on us and we paused at what we were doing. Suddenly a grin grows on our faces as we all looked at each other.

"Pizza?" I ask them, grabbing the telephone beside me.

And they nod "Pizza."

I dialed the number and ordered four pizzas with extra cheese and meat, with a side of soda. As we waited for the food, Matt turned to me and Will, leaving my brothers do their thing.

"So, you two have met River properly." He rubbed his hands quickly then pointed at me "What have you experienced when you interacted with him?" What is this a survey?

"He surely loves getting the last laugh and to act cool." I shrugged and rolled my eyes "Oh, and he is definitely an OC." I added.

Matt nodded at me and looked at Will saying that he wanted to know his perspective.

"Well, he seemed pretty nice. He was good in science earlier and made my work easier. Seriously if I was partnered up with either of you, I would have flipped the table." I frowned at that as Matt brushed it off and nodded at him to go on, placing his hands together like some professional or something.

"We talked a lot in other subjects as well. When he would be placed beside me, I can completely ignore Beatrice." He grimaced at the name and continued "All in all, Flinwood is a pretty cool guy."

I raised my arms and my eyes widen "See? Will practically loves that guy! He's clearly not human." I shook my head then crossed my arms on my chest.

"Wait, what do you mean I love-" Will was cut off by Sean, looking at us quickly.

"Oh Flinwood? Yeah he's a pretty chill guy. We're friends with his big brother." My brother said, and paused the game to face us.

"He said that River was a little mysterious when you aren't close with him but, he's a pretty good kid. Gets good grades, good with the ladies, famous and yeah, he is hella OC." Sean wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk as I propped up and pointed at Will and Matt.

"Aha! My theory was right!" I grinned and sat back again.

"He isn't labeled as a bad boy though, just like... a cool kid maybe?" Shane tilted his head to the side as Shade nodded and sat up, leaning on the recliner.

"Yeah, I think he's kind of a cool kid. We saw him a few times but he didn't have a lot of emotions to show." Shade said and stretched his arms with a hum.

"Hmm... This kid can really get people intrigued." Matt says, rubbing his chin as Will nodded.

"Guys, leave the kid alone. He clearly has a good reputation. He'll survive in school." I scoffed at them "Matt, you sound like a girl who has a crush on River like, seriously." I poked his cheek and he rolled his eyes.