💋𝟕.

"These are tha' dayz' of our livez'..."
-Bone Thugs-n-Harmony💋

Chapter 7:

Omniscient

Damasio

When Damasio stepped into the conference room, he was shining like new money

When Damasio stepped into the conference room, he was shining like new money. The nervous energy in his stomach quickly subsided as he shook hands with the group of men who had invested in Bowe Realty.

His designer threads and Versace shoes solidified his position as the new head of his brother's company. He walked, talked, and dressed the part, but he was aware of the skepticism and larceny in the hearts of his new business peers.

His brother's business partners were not too keen at the thought of him heading the business. Bowe Realty had been founded from drug money and private investments from the board members.

In its first year of being in business, the commercial and high-end residential real estate company had already acquired some of the most sought-after properties in New York and was worth well over a hundred million dollars in equity alone.

The company's worth was growing by the day, and the board members felt Damontrez's position should have been given to someone more qualified than his younger brother.

"Damasio, it's good to have you on board." Eric Hills greeted as he and Damasio shook hands.

"It's good to be on board, Eric." Damasio responded.

Eric took a seat at the head of the conference table, sat back comfortably in the chair, and loosened his necktie a bit.

"I know that it's going to take some time for you to get used to the way we do things here. Getting into the swing of things is going to take some time, but I'm willing to teach you everything I know. A little training from me, and you'll be a pro," Eric stated confidently.

He figured that if he played the role of mentor, it would be easy for him to call the shots from behind the scenes.

Damasio walked behind Eric and put his hands on his shoulders as he looked out at the rest of the board members. " 'Dat won't be necessary, Eric, although it was a gracious offer. Da' way we do things are about to change, indeed."

Damasio patted the back of Eric's chair, signaling him to arise from his seat. He then tightened Eric's necktie and looked him sternly in the eye.

"I'm da' boss," he stressed. "Da' way 'dat we do business will revolutionize so 'dat I am familiar and comfortable with da' daily operations and you all are da' ones in training. You all will be da' ones adjusting, because you have to learn da' way 'dat I conduct business."

Damasio pulled out a chair in the middle of the conference table. "Have a seat, Eric." He gave the man time to sit down before he continued.

"Now I can assure you 'dat it is very similar to da' way 'dat my brother did things, but I will not allow myself to be at a disadvantage in my own company. New leadership brings about new policy. If any of you think 'dat it is time for you to move on to new ventures, I completely understand. I will accommodate you with severance pay, but I can guarantee 'dat if you stay on board we will all see a substantial rise in profits. Da' way 'dat I am going to expand Bowe Realty is going to be nothing short of remarkable, and I would love to have each of you on my team. What do you say?" Silence filled the room.