Chapter 2

As I waited for Camilla, my finger scrolled through my phone. Occasionally, I'd stop for a moment and like the picture that was on my Instagram feed, if I liked it enough. I sat out on the met steps for what felt like an eternity when in reality, it was more like 5 to 10 minutes. I heard a pair of clicky heels walk up the steps and I immediately knew that it was my dearest cousin.

"Hey Bells," Camilla greeted with a smile on her face.

I looked up and smiled at her, a brown egg-carton-type material cup holder in her hands. "Hey, Cami. How was the rest of your summer?" I asked.

Of course, I say 'rest of summer' since my cousins, siblings, and I spent most of the summer with each other up in The Hamptons. "Oh, you know, it was pretty much boring." She replied as she scrunched her nose up.

Afterward, she took one of the paper cups from the cup holder and handed it to me. "Courtesy of Dorota. A non-fat chai latte with foam, just the way you like it." She told me as I took the cup from her, my nose getting a whiff of the hot beverage. The smell of a chai latte was one of my favorite scents in the world, which also included rain and men's cologne.

"Ah, tell her I said thank you. Where's Henry? I asked as I glanced around the surrounding areas.

"Oh, he went straight to St. Jude's to meet up with the Humphreys. He said that he will meet us for lunch."

I nodded my head in reply to her answer. If you didn't know, Henry is Camilla's older brother and my cousin. He's a senior at St. Judes and pretty much a crowd favorite because of his persona. Despite growing up in wealth, he was never entitled. In fact, out of us (meaning Camilla, my siblings, and I), he was the most humble. Not only that but he was also a class clown, but the difference is that the funniness just came naturally. He was never one to try hard and that's why so many people liked him. I pulled my phone out and glanced down at my phone, before looking up at my cousin.

"Do you want to start heading to school? There are 10 minutes left before the first bell rings."

"Yeah, sure. I still have to go grab my schedule from the office."

I grabbed my bag and stood up before slinging the bag over my shoulder as Camilla and I started making our way to Constance Billard, which was pretty much across the street. Every so often, I'd take a sip of my of chai latte as I listened to Camilla and her summer fling, which was wild.

However, the next few moments were a complete blur. I felt the concrete floor, something hot seeping through my blouse, and a weight on top of me. I also heard a few gasps coming from the people around me. 'Oh great,' I thought to myself. People were around to watch this embarrassing moment. 

"What in the freaking world just happened?" I whined as I shimmied under that weight. I opened my sky blue eyes and blinked a few times before lifting my head up, just for my eyes to meet a head full of straight hair that had been gelled up in a quiff style.

"Get off me!" I yelled with a pout to which the person had immediately gotten up. The person offered me their hand, which I gladly took then got pulled up. When I stood up, my eyes met the male's chest which also had some of my chai latte stain on it. However, my gaze turned to the person's eyes and the person looked familiar. I thought for a moment, then bit my lip. Maverick Baizen, a.k.a. St. Jude's' bad boy.

Despite the fact that he was only a junior, Maverick was known for being a stoner and partier. He was a douche, breaking people's hearts left and right. However, I've heard that he had a way with words which definitely made it easier for people to fall for him. According to some people, his parties were always legendary. Sure, I was always invited to all of them, but my parents have told me to stay away from him multiple times since his father wasn't a good person either. I've always tried my best, however, today was just not the day.