08

Oliver didn't want to train me because he doesn't want me to live my life the same way he does, he wants me to grow old, settle down, have a family and die of old age not death by fighting criminals. He wants me to be able to love and get close to people without the constant fear that someone will kill them just to get back at me, but I want to help those around me. Track down the men who murdered my mother and tore my family apart just like him. I have nothing left to lose. With or without his help I will become a vigilante and help those who need me.

I had set up a punching bag in my apartment to help me learn combat at perfect my strikes. I took last swing at the bag putting in every bit of strength I had left in my body, I'd been at this for hours but my training session soon came to an end. "Woah, calm down little miss violent" Roy smirked leaning up against the kitchen counter uninvited.

I turned my attention to face him "I don't recall inviting you in, let alone asking for your opinion" I smirked taking the bands off my hand rolling them into a neat ball. I took a swig of my water wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"I thought we were past the whole invitation thing, you may as well give me an apartment key" he joked. "Jokes aside what's got you all interested in a punching bag?"

"None of your business" I said. "Why have you come here?" I enquired thinking it was odd for Roy to show up out of the blue, it was unlike him to not give warning. Maybe it had something to do with Oliver wanting to come spy on me.

"Oliver sent me, wanted to make sure you were okay. He said you seemed pretty upset with him last night" Roy said dropping his humour to focus on facts. Did he know that Oliver was the Arrow?

"And you couldn't ask me over text?" I asked raising my brow, something didn't feel right.

"Well... I also wanted an excuse to come see you" he smirked wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him regardless of the sweat that covered my body like a light mist on morning grass.

"You're cute, but you can't fool me" I said looking up at him. "Now tell me what you know otherwise I'll find out myself" I said wiggling my way out of his embrace before crossing my arms and staring up at him. "You know what I'm capable of, Roy"

Roy looked quiet taken back, he'd never seen this side of me before. He threw his hands in the air to say he surrenders. "I didn't want to tell you this way, Tori" he started his sentence as a took a seat on one of the bar stools. "I'm the Red Arrow, but I get called Arsenal. I know that Oliver told you his identity and I guess it was time for me to tell you mine, you were close to finding out anyway." He confessed, a sincere look crossed his face I could tell he wish he told me sooner. "Oliver sent me to make sure you weren't training to become a vigilante, we know how stubborn you are. Which is why I came over, Oliver believes that you shouldn't be a vigilante but I think you should be. Let me train you."

*** Outskirts of Starling City ***
Roy had driven me to an old farm house just outside of the city, the grass was bright green and the air smelt fresh. I took my hair tie off my wrist and tied my hair up in a messy pony tail to prevent it from blowing in my face. "Why are we here" I asked Roy as he got out of his car and walked around to his trunk.

"Because" he started rustling around the back of his car "your going to learn how to shoot one of this" he smiled holding a red bow. "Be careful, Oliver would kill me if it broke"

I smiled running up to him to give him a big hug "thank you for supporting my decision" I said looking up at him a smile forming on his face.

"You better be thankful, Oliver is going to want to put an arrow through me when he finds out I'm doing this" he said handing me the bow. "Now come on there's some wooden targets this way." We walked over across some old farmland, there was a small country house that looked like it had been abandoned for a few years. The targets where your classic old school targets that you would see on a shitty school camp. He strapped a bracer to my forearm to protect me from the fletching of the arrow. "Now, pull it back nice and easy" he said holding my arms in place. "Never breathe in before you take your shot, you'll lose your concentration. Breathe out with the release of the arrow" he said.

I nodded taking in all of his information. I focused on the target, blocking out all other sounds around me; it was just me, the arrow and the target. I released the arrow as I exhaled deeply the arrow flying through the air has if it had wings, before it planted itself in the middle of the target. "Bullseye!" I cried smiling at my success I dropped the bow on the ground jumping up to Roy and giving him a peck on the lips.

"Good job little archer" he joked with am impressed look on his face. "A lot better then my first shot, I can tell you that. Regardless of how good you are, I'm so dead."

Author:
Hey guys! So this was a pretty cool chapter of you ask me, what do you think about her learning archery or should she focus more on hand to hand combat? I hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote, comment, share or add to a reading list. I love you all so much and have an amazing night/day wherever you may be in the world.