17. All of a sudden

CHAPTER 17. All of a sudden

I ran inside my apartment as fast as I could. The rain was getting heavier by every second and it felt like the raindrops were dropping like hard metal upon your head. The sound of my footsteps was the only audible thing in the corridor as everyone was inside their homes.

I unlocked the door and entered in. I was drenched from head to toe. It wasn’t the chilly feeling which was making the butterflies fly in my stomach, it was what happened downstairs.

Did he really do that?

What happened all of a sudden? He was being so repulsive about my every word and then he did something so attractive?

There was something strange about him every day, I bet he was dropped on his head when he was a kid.

I walked inside my room and grabbed some clean and dry clothes to get a quick shower. After finishing getting cleaned up, I dropped the wet clothes in a basket and kept it a side, making a note in my head to wash it in the washing room later.

I was drying my hair with a towel when I went into the balcony to look at the raindrops pouring.

I leaned a little on the railing and looked downwards, just to take a peak of the one playing in the ground. The view was a little blurry but enough for me to take a tiny look of them.

Dillan, Ryan, Ashton, Garry and Ian were playing football, or according to Ian, Hand Egg and all of them were enjoying themselves. I could see a few more girls gathered in their balconies to watch the view, not the match as all the guys were shirtless. Of course, which idiot would play with his clothes on in the heavy rain, especially when he has such a great physic?

“I dip on that one with blond hair.” a feminine voice said, giggling.

I was first confused about who was speaking but later came to know that it was the girls from the apartment just down to mine.

There were three girls, all of them around my age or maybe older. I couldn’t blame for being like this though, the guys were really good looking!

The ringing of my phone interrupted me from watching the scene down in the garden. I grabbed it from the table and then went outside again.

“Hello sister, how are you?” I spoke.

“I knew you would greet me with some or other stupidity of yours.” Sage sighed dramatically from the other side and then continued, “I thought you would change with the change of place, but you didn’t.”

“You didn’t change, then how can I? I follow everything you do, Sagie.”

“Yeah, like you have always been the most obedient younger one.” she answered sardonically. “so, how’s my little, spoiled one?”

“The same, you?” I said, moving back and forth.

“Good.”

“Just that? Good? What an explanation Sage!” I replied.

“There’s not much to say, everything’s going good.” she said, with a hint of happiness in her voice.

I smiled and said, “Happy for you sister.”

“Yeah, I’m happy for myself as well.”

I laughed and said, “As always,”

“So, when are you going home?” she asked.

“Don’t know, maybe the next week, will you be there?”

“I guess so. Dad’s been quite gloomy since we left.” she spoke.