chapter 22 - "rough day"

song for chapter:
let it go - james bay
(highly recommend + put on repeat)

EXCUSE ANY MISSPELLING! I HAVEN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO GO OVER THIS CHAPTER AND CORRECT IT YET, BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YALL SOMETHING TO READ TONIGHT! OK BYE ILY.

one week later

anxiously, I stood at the front door waiting for an answer.

my heart continued to beat so intensely that it felt like it could pop out of my chest at any given moment.

I sightly jumped hearing the front door unlock, but a wave of relief hit my body when my eyes landed on grayson.

my eyes closed as I let out a deep breath of air through my mouth.

"hey." he softly greeted, wrapping his arms loosely around me to give me a light hug.

"hi." i spoke in a low tone as I pulled away from the hug.

"come inside." he motioned his head towards the inside of his house, opening the door wider for me to walk in.

I walked past him, into the quiet house. my eyes carefully scanned the room, not seeing ethan.

I turned around watching grayson shut the front door. "how have you been doing?" he asked, crossing his arms standing in front of me.

I looked away, shrugging slightly. "nervous."

"have you talked to him at all this week?" he asked keeping a calm voice.

"not other than today when he told me to come here." I admit swallowing the air in my throat.

"I don't know what he's gonna say, he hasn't been talking much this week. he's been in his room most of the time." he explained. "just know, I'm still here for you, delaney. you'll always have me as a friend."

i nodded lightly, "thank you, gray." then, looking down to the floor feeling a pit begin it hit my stomach.

"he's out back." grayson pointed to the back of the house.

I turned my head, looking to the back door. "okay." i spoke in a low tone as I breathed in a heavy amount of air, then released it.

graysons hand patted my shoulder twice, before walking past me and going up the stairs.

I turned fully around, walking to the back door. the whole house filled with silence, not making a noise.

my palms began to slightly, heart racing intensely.

I walked to the back door, opening it carefully.

my eyes landed on ethan who was sitting on the steps that led down to the patio, his back facing me.

his arms were crossed as they rested on his knees, staying completely still, not bothering to turn around and see who I am.

I closed the door, then began to walk towards him.

due to him still not bothering to move, I sat down next to him on one of the steps.