Notice Me Kadota! | WxW Competition

"Hey, do you have anyone that you like?" She asked while pushing the stray strands of her brown hair behind her ears. Her top button was undone, leaving her collarbone exposed. With a radiant smile, it seemed like she was enjoying herself while asking the typical high school question to her friends.

"I have one, but he's already taken" upon saying those words, Slyph's shoulder dropped a little and she had a sad smile on her face. Her two friends patted her back, consoling her. Gradually, she recovered from her depressed state and acted as if nothing happened.

"What about you Shiro?"

Shiro froze, cold sweat droplets started forming on her forehead as she let out an awkward laugh.

Avoiding the question is out of the question. Wait, that's a good pun actually. She thought to herself but it accidentally leaked out as a soft whisper.

"Now now, don't mess with us Shiro"

"Yeah! Tell us who you're crushing on!"

Her friends, Alice and Slyph teased her while pinching her cheeks.

"Ow ow ow owww!" She slapped both of their hands and started rubbing her red puffy cheeks. Shiro quickly took revenge by pinching their cheeks with one hand each. The three of them started chuckling away at how silly they were.

"What's up with us, pinching each other?" they said in unison before forming a smile. Even though it seemed like her friends forgot about that topic, they didn't. After calming down a bit, Alice's eyes lit up as she asked the same question with a mischevious smile.

"Soooo Shiro, care to tell us your crush now?" she gripped firmly onto Shiro's shoulder. Tensing up, she gave in, knowing that they probably weren't going to let her go until she answers. Softly, she slowly spoke in a volume only the two girls could hear.

"I.. I like.. Kadota from our class" she felt her ears burning up as the words left her word.

"Ohhhhh!!" Slyph and Alice let out a victorious battle cry as they had successfully gotten an answer out of Shiro.

"Shhh!! Guys.. not so loud.." it was a failed attempt at trying to shush them. She knew that her friends would not do something bad with this new found information, but she had her suspicion that they might try to plot a scheme to get Kadota to notice her.

Although it sounded easy, it was actually hard to actually make it happen. Blood would often rush to her brain and face when he got near. This made her unable to think or hold a proper conversation, heart beating fast and loud, afraid he might actually be able to hear it. Because of this, she hasn't managed to even greet him.

There were a few times she almost greeted him, but somehow she blanked out and the only word floating in her mind was "FUCK". She also almost bit her tongue as she opened her mouth to speak.

Afraid of failure, Shiro has never tried to make Kadota notice her. She was scared of the possibility of her pushing her luck too far and being unable to ever become friends if things became awkward after she confesses.

"Let's just be friends, okay?" She didn't want to hear this reply as she knew that it'd usually mean the complete opposite. Kadota would probably avoid her as much as possible as he was too kind and would think he had hurt her. She didn't want to make him feel guilty for rejecting her.

It can't be helped if he didn't feel the same way as her. Shiro convinced herself that she would be alright just being a minor character, supporting him, it was alright just existing and not affecting the main character in any way.