Chapter Twenty Three

"Alex, look at me. Please." I begged.

He just turned around even more not even bother to look at me in the slightest bit. I was an idiot, of course I mean it was his wedding too.

"I'll uninvite her if that's what you want? Im sorry I did it, I really am." I confided.

"It's just she made me a really nice eighteenth birthday present. I haven't gotten a birthday present from my mom since I was 10." I sighed. "I was just caught up in the moment, that's all. I'll go say the reservations are full or something."

He spun around and grabbed my arm. "She made you a birthday present?"

"Do you want to see it?" I asked.

Alex raised his eyebrow. "Yes."

I hopped off the couch and grabbed the portrait leaning near the front door. I brought back to Alex who's eyes widened when he saw it.

"She made this?" He asked suspiciously.

"Um yeah"

"It's good." He went back to his pouty position.

"Alex come on. Please." I wanted to cry.

"This is my wedding too you know." Alex spat.

"Yes. Yes I know I did a dumb thing but please this is my mom!" I whined.

He turned back around and saw me with soft tears, he sighed. "It's okay baby. I still love you and maybe I have been a bit harsh."

"No, I understand where you're coming from." I said.

"Well then maybe right now would be a good time to tell you." His expression turned nervous.

My smile dropped. "What'd you do?"

"I may have," he twiddled his thumbs. "Bought a house."

My eyes widened. "Wh-why?"

"Well Roi wants this house to do whatever he wants to do with this new channel...so I got a new house. For you and I." He smiled in apology.

"So you did all this...while I was out with my mom?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"First, Wow. Second, you have no idea how happy you've just made me." I smiled thinking about a place where just Alex and I lived.

A place where it was just him and I. Peaceful, and a place to raise a family. After all, our wedding was coming up. Apparently Alex wanted it fast because the only time his parents could come out from North Carolina was next week. Which put us under a lot of stress. But we decided we would try to make it as nice as we possibly could.

"Wait, So you're happy about this?" He smiled cautiously, careful not jinx it.

"Of course I am! I mean we're going to be married soon, living in a house with your brother and best friend wouldn't be...cool." I explained.

He kissed me, I wasn't expecting it but I still kissed him back. "So I assume you're not mad about the mom thing anymore?"

"No. As long as we can hang this painting up at the new house?" He gave me a goofy smile.

"For sure baby." I giggled.

My back pocket started to vibrate. Someone was calling me. I might as well take it.

"I'll be right back. I've got to answer my phone." I told Alex as I kissed him on the cheek and made my way to the bedroom.

"Hello?" I answered, not bothering to look at the caller ID.