Steven Universe: Black Hole Part 3

It's finally here! The final part of the story, and also the longest by far! Seriously, the first part was long, but this is twice the length of the first part (it also has better grammar. Part 1's grammar was ATROCIOUS)! I worked really hard on this part, and spent a lot of time writing, proofreading, re-proofreading, all that jazz. But, I may have missed a few things, so sorry about that! I still hope you...

Enjoy!

Steven Universe: Black Hole pt. 3

The Event Horizon

Connie and Lapis burst through the door to Steven's house. Lapis was carrying Steven, and she placed him on his bed. He seemed to be sleeping. Both of them hoped he was doing just that. Connie looked at Steven in a fearful way, feeling as though she was witnessing his death. She felt as though she'd seen quite enough after a bit, so she stepped out into the brisk, night air. She stood on the deck, trying to find some way to help the situation. Yet, she couldn't. There was no conceivable way to help him. She recognized the bleakness of this situation in that instant. Even bleaker with the feeling that she was absolutely powerless. That she could do nothing to help the friend that she's loan for so long. She looked at the stars, and was jealous of how they always seemed so joyful, even in times like this. The stars. Connie looked along the coast of the beach, searching for something. She then walked back inside, and began to ransack the place. Lapis noticed this strange behavior, and looked at her curiously as she searched.

"What are you doing?" Lapis asked. "We should be trying to help Steven."

"I am." Connie replied. She'd looked behind just about every door at this point, and decided it was time to check the closet. Would it make sense for it to be there? Would it even fit? she wondered. She searched anyway. Nothing. Her paranoia grew, and she was afraid that there was now nothing that they could do. She bolted up the stairs to Steven's bed, and tried to wake him up. She shook him, slapped him, shouted at him, everything she could to wake him up. Still, he slept. His eyelids fluttered, almost as if he was having a seizure. She remembered how Steven had described Pearl's "freedom," and shuddered at the recollection, hoping this didn't apply to him as well. Just then, the temple door was opened. Their attention was refocused on that in an instant, and what they saw confused and surprised them.

1

Steven was trapped in eternal emptiness. It was almost like the black hole, only worse. Worse because now Black Diamond stood proud, tall, and daunting before him, while he could only float around aimlessly. He couldn't do anything without feeling some sort of pain. In fact, doing nothing was painful enough.

"It's been difficult." Black Diamond said, her voice echoing around him as it did in the black hole. "Difficult spreading and completing the process while most of my energy was removed. If you had only let me finish removing it for a little bit longer, you would not be experiencing this."

"Leave...me al-alone." Steven said, gasping in agony.

"As if! Things are already going so well. Steven Quartz, I've done everything I could to thank you, and even to befriend you."

"Apparently...y-you and I have dif-different ways of...doing that."

"Apparently so." Black Diamond observed Steven as he writhed in pain, whimpering now and then. Yet, she was not entertained by it, as much as she was morbidly fascinated by it. It was like seeing a dead body or a car crash take place. She seemed to pity him. "I have other matters to attend to."

"S-So you're gonna lea-leave me here? In p-pain?" Steven asked.

"I'm not even here! Not physically." Black Diamond responded. She had to concentrate on her objective. She couldn't give up her true plans just for the sake of a human. "Goodbye, Steven Quartz." Black Diamond disappeared in a cloud of vapor, and Steven was left alone. All he could see was darkness. Yet, a faint light began to glow around him, illuminating the dark infinity. It was then that he opened his eyes, and saw that he was in his bed. He couldn't remember how he got there. He saw Connie on the right hand side of his bed, yet she seemed to be looking off towards the temple. He couldn't move, sadly. He was kept prisoner in his own head, and he could only move his eyes and eyelids. It was much like sleep paralysis. Then, Connie and seemingly Lapis simultaneously said the same thing. Something that confused Steven.