Courage and Fidelity

Commander Phineas Flynn
Callsign: Euclid 0-1
104th Aerial Tactical Strike Team/ 53rd Advance Force Recon Regiment
1355

"That was a killer song, Phineas," Irving exclaimed as I closed the helicopter door, "I'm surprised that you managed to sing that while we were under fire."

"Well, as long as the song did its job, I'm all for it," I reply humbly.

Just then, my radio went off and the voice of a female squad leader lit up the channels.

"This is Snake Eyes Actual, we've secured the enemy's first defensive line! We have them on their heels!"

"Excellent, Snake Eyes, keep them running, Euclid out."

Just then another voice, a male squad leader, interjected.

"Euclid Actual, this is Sandstorm 0-2, we've just come under heavy artillery fire, I say again, the enemy has just begun abrupt fire mission! Over!"

"Keep moving forward, don't get bogged down. Do you know where those volleys are coming from, over?"

"Uh, somewhere in the city, about 20 miles from where I am. Over!"

"Roger, Euclid out," I reply, retuning my radio, "Venus, do you read me Venus, over?"

*Play The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend (MW2; Hans Zimmer)*

"Venus, here, what's the word, Euclid, over?"

"Change of plans, we need to dislodge the enemy artillery in the city. Ground elements are getting hammered."

"Roger that, Euclid, Venus out."

The radio cut to static.

I switch my frequency again.

"Wolverine, Wolverine, this is Euclid Actual, how copy, over?"

Wolverine is the Callsign for Erin Brown, our UAV pilot. Oh, yeah, we made our own unmanned aerial recon vehicles. We went hardcore for this. As if the guns, military-grade equipment, and military lingo wasn't enough we made our own line of military-grade drones.

"Loud and clear, Euclid, what's up?" Erin chirped.

"I need you to scope out the city, our ground forces are getting hit hard by artillery and they report its coming from the city, think you can do that?"

"The drone's already over the city, Euclid," Erin reported, "Those reports check out. The artillery's coming from the Danville Square, over."

"Perfect," I smile, "do you think we can deploy in the square, over?"

"Negative, Euclid, they have the square locked down tight. They got AA Batteries all over the place and I count a garrison of some twenty hostiles, over."

"What's the closest LZ Venus and I can land in, over?"

"Uh, roughly two clicks north by northwest, in the Danville Amphitheater, over,"

"Thanks Wolverine, Euclid out," I switch my frequency yet again and contact Isabella, "Venus, you get that? We're being rerouted to the Danville Amphitheater, over."

"Copy all, we're moving now, over," she chirped.

"Roger, see you when we get boots on deck, Euclid out." I switch off my radio and turn to the pilot, Jeffery Smith, "Jeff, you get that?"

"Copy that, Phineas, Danville Amphitheater," he repeated, "we're coming up on it now. ETA two minutes."

"Good," I reply, turning back to my team, "Alright, gang, gear up. Two minutes!"