Chapter 28

After I got back from my mom's house, I tried to stay away but after a while I just couldn't help but look for Addison.

The morphine stopped doing anything for me, so she introduced me to heroine.

It's cheap too so I don't have to worry as much about where I'm going get such excessive amounts of cash either.

Lately though, Alex seems to have all of a sudden taken some type of weird concern.

He still doesn't know exactly what I'm doing or what's going on with me.

I think he just thinks I'm turning into an alcoholic or something, which isn't the case but I think it's better that he just thinks that for now and just doesn't know the rest.

His helping hand was just a little too late, but oh well.

I can handle myself, it's not like I'm an addict or anything.

I can stop whenever I want.

This for right now is just a quick fix and soon I won't even need it.

Plus it's brought out some positives as well.

I've gotten a lot closer to Addy and a lot of her other friends. They've started to feel a lot more like family while I'm up here.

Things may not be perfect right now but I think I've finally found something to help me manage and I think things are going to be okay.

Alex POV
Georgia's been acting different lately and I've been really of worried about her.

I was worried before because she was just sad all the time but I didn't want to make her feel bad or anything, so I just didn't say anything.

But lately she just seems on a whole other level.

She's seems strung out and it's like she just doesn't care anymore.

One minute she's acting all care free and the next it's like she's feening for something and acting all weird.

She gets in these spells now too where she just starts acting crazy and just has to be away from everyone.

It's a side of her that's very new to me.

I don't know if she's drinking too much or if this is just her way of trying moving on or what, but it's strange and it just doesn't seem right at all.

I really hope that she's not drinking though. Her kidneys still aren't that good from where she got sick when she had the baby.

All I want for her right now is to get her the help she needs. I just don't want to lose her in due to any circumstances that may be going on.

She keeps telling me she's fine but I know she's not.

I know I've got work to do on my part as well, we both do but I just can't let her get lost in all this.

*A week later*

Everyday things seem to be getting worse.

Last night I had to take Georgia to the hospital.

When I got home she was passed out on the ground.

She remained unconscious a couple hours after we got to the hospital as well. The doctor told me he thinks it might have been an overdose.

It was hard to hear but I wasn't really surprised.

I guess maybe even I deep down I was trying to shy away from the reality of what was really happening, but I also sort of knew.