Chapter 16

'Well, here we are' Nick stated, in front of Bishop's house. 'Yeah'. She looked at her house, then at Nick, she wanted to ask you to come in. 'Not bad as first day' Nick stated. 'You can say that. I just want, you know, have a shower and drink a glass of wine'. 'Uh' 'What?' 'Well, it's-it's a pretty picture'. She shook her head. 'Wow. You men are all the same'. 'No, hey. I didn't mean that'. 'Really?'. She glanced at him for a while, trying to brave him. 'Really'. His sight was serious. 'Sorry, Nick'. 'No, don't worry. Just... trust me'. 'I trust you, Nick'. 'Good'. He placed a kiss on her lips. 'Do-do you wanna come in?' she asked, with a soft voice. 'Sure'.
They got in, Bishop dropped her bag and put her coat away, Nick took his jacket off, putting it on the couch. 'Wine or beer?' Bishop asked, from the kitchen. 'Beer'. After a few seconds, she got off the kitchen, a glass of wine in a hand, a bottle of beer in the other one. They both sat on the couch, and Ellie gave the bottle to Nick. 'Thanks. And cheers' 'To what?' 'To us'. 'Well, cheers'. They made the bottle and the glass touched each other, like their lips a few seconds after. She leaned her head on his chest, trying to scroll her day off. 'Is it alright?' he asked, putting his arm behind her and rubbing her shoulder. 'Yeah, I was thinking at that shower'. 'Have that, I can wait you.' 'I don't want to leave you here alone. It would be rude' 'I can wait, Ellie'. She looked at him, and he caressed her. His hand made her feel comfortable. 'Ok, I'll be fast'. 'Take your time, I'm here'.
Ellie went to the bathroom and opened the water. Nick heard it from the living room. Looking around him, he stood up and started to observe the room. He wanted to know more about her, about her life, about what she didn't tell at work. There were a few photos, portraing her, her family, and another couple of friends. She was smiling in those photos, probably took in happy moments of her life. He wanted to make her happy again, and he hoped that one day she would have a photo of the two of them. He took a sip of his beer, watching all the books present in that room. 'Damn it, she reads a lot' he stated. When he noticed the water had stopped, he came back to the couch. She got him after a few minutes. She wore the sweatpants she wore the day before and a white t-shirt. 'You're gorgeous' he said, looking at her. 'Really?'. She looked at herself. She didn't notice anything special. 'Yes, believe me. C'mon, come here'. 'Why?'. But she was already going towards him. He touched the couch, as to tell her to sit in. She was curious, and he noticed it as she furrowed her eyebrows. He took his phone and he settled the frontal camera. 'Smile'. She grin, and Nick took the selfie. 'It's pretty' he stated. 'Let me see. Yeah, it's cute' 'You are cute' 'You are not so bad' 'Yes, I do my best, but I don't deserve you' 'It's me, not deserving you. You're kind'. 'And you're amazing. You deserve the best. So, if you think I'm not enough, tell me, and I'll improve myself. All the necessary to stay with you'. 'You're perfect, Nick, you're... you're perfect'. She snuggled herself up, close to him. 'Are you alright? You seem thoughtful'. He cuddled her. 'Yeah, I was thinking. What will we do at work? Rule #12. We're breaking it'. 'I know, and it won't be easy, at the navy yard. But I wanna stay with you'. 'Me too'. 'Ok, don't worry. We will figure out something, now think to relax'. 'Should we say it to anybody? Tim, Clay, Abby'. 'Yeah, we should, if you want. It's your call'. 'I want to. I want to share my happiness'. 'Ok, we can organize a dinner'. 'Uhm, I like organize stuff. You know me so well'. She placed a kiss on his lips. 'Tomorrow night, we invite Tim, Delilah, Abby, Clay, Jimmy and Jack. Do you like the idea?' 'I love it'. 'Good. Now you should rest. Sleep for a while'. He caressed her blonde hair. 'Yes, I should. Do you wanna stay?' 'Yes, I like your couch. We're friends' 'Don't be silly. You can sleep on the bed, with me' 'No, Bishop. I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable' 'You wouldn't'. 'Are you sure?' 'Yes, I am'. They went to the bedroom, Nick was behind Bishop, following her. She started to unmake the bed. 'Well, do as you were at your home'. He slowly nodded. He took his shirt off, then he took his jeans off too, remaining in boxer shorts. 'Does this bother you?' 'Not at all. I like it'. She got closed to him and kissed him, on his lips and on his chest. They both put themself on the bed. 'Good night, Nick'. 'Good night, Ellie'.