Robbie ~ 1

Morningggggg!

So this was a super long chapter so I decided to make it into a two part chapter. I hope you like it!

Third person

"RYE!" A yell rang from the kitchen downstairs from where Rye was sitting with Brook on his bed. They couldn't tell who it was, so Rye quickly excused himself and hurried down the stairs.

"Yeah?" He called through the house from the kitchen. His little brothers came into the room, both crying. He bent down to give them hugs, but they walked away from him. His face went confused. What's wrong? He wondered to himself.

"Rye?" Mrs Beaumont's soft voice came into the room. "Would you come in here please?" The boy lowered his eyebrows, confused. He followed his mother into the next room and sat down on the sofa beside her.

"Rye, Robbie-he's in the hospital. There was a shooting in town and he-" she broke down in sobs, and Rye put his arm around her, rubbing her arm.

"He'll be alright, mum. Don't worry." She shook her head.

"But what if he's not? What if he-"

"No. He's going to be okay," Rye cut her off before she could say something. She was shaking hard. Nothing was said for the next few minutes, and Rye felt uncomfortable. He was trying not to cry himself, and succeeding. He knew he had to do it for his mum.

Brook came into the room soon.

"What did you do this tim-" he stopped the moment he saw Mrs Beaumont soaking in tears. "No, what's going on?" He hurried to her side, taking Mrs Beaumont's hand in both of his and giving it a little squeeze. Rye looked grateful.

When Mrs Beaumont didn't reply to Brook, the boy looked to Rye.

"Robbie was shot downtown today. He's in the hospital." Brook looked down into his lap, where his hands and Mrs Beaumont's were.

"Oh no," he said. "Do you want to go see him, Mrs Beaumont?"

She shook her head slowly.

"I-I don't want...I don't want to see him like that. I-I just want to know he's okay. I'm supposed to-supposed to be supporting you, RyePie, not-not the other way around." Brook let go of her hand as she threw her arms around Rye. He bit his lip and clasped his hands behind his mum's back, holding her tightly. Brook saw his eyes flicker with something he'd never seen there, just before his eyes closed and his hold on his mum tightened. He was whispering reassuring things in her ear, and Brook's stomach tightened.

Mrs Beaumont was coming back to her senses, but still quietly choking on her sobs. When they came out of the hug, Brook put his arm around her.

"I can go check on him, if you want. Then Rye could stay with you. I could call you and stay with Robbie for a little, if you want." Mrs Beaumont smiled a little with water in her eyes.

"You'd do that?" Brook nodded.

"Of course I would. Does Rye's dad know?" Mrs Beaumont nodded.

"He's in our room. He thinks it's his fault for letting Robbie go out. The twins are with him, I think."

"Can I go see Robbie, too?" Rye asked quietly. "I want to see him." Brook didn't know how his mum would take this, but she nodded.

"Yes, Rye. I'll stay with Sammy and Shaun and your father. You had better get going if you want to be there by sundown." Her voice was shaky, but Rye and Brook stood up. Rye held his hand out and Brook took it, standing too. They gave her a big hug, telling her to go see Mr Beaumont, reassuring her that everything would be okay. The moment they got her to go to see Rye's dad, Brook and Rye were out the door.

After a few minutes of silence in the car, Brook asked quietly from the drivers seat, "you okay, Rye?" He glanced over at him. He was looking through the window, pain clear on his face.

"He's okay, Rye. The doctors will take care of him. Right?" He nodded a little.

They arrived at the hospital soon, Rye immediately taking Brook's hand as they walked to the building.

"Robbie Beaumont," Brook told the clerk when they reached the desk. "We were told he was shot today and we wanted to see him, if that's possible." The woman at the desk nodded as she typed something into her computer.

"Yes, he is here. Might I ask for your names and relation?"

They went through all of the questions, and the clerk told them the room number.

"Thanks so much." Brook said. Rye hadn't said anything at all, so as soon as they were alone, he stopped them in the hallway. He turned to face Rye, taking both of his hands in both of his own.

"Rye, he's going to be okay. You know that, don't you?" He nodded, but Brook could see through it.

"He's fine. Why don't we go see him?" Rye nodded again, but he didn't seem to have any emotion in him. Brook took his hand and they continued walking down the hallway and up the stairs. When they reached the door, Brook stopped.

"Are you ready?" He asked Rye, who bit his lip and pushed the door open. They entered together, both of them unsure.

And that's where we're cutting it off for today! I'll have the next part up soon enough, because I'm impatient for posting these. And then I'll run out and be panicked because I won't be able to post for a week. I'm weird, don't judge 😂😂👌

Have a good day/night!

❤️