Chapter One

I am running as fast as I can while I am being chased by thugs who HAPPENED to be tangled with the case I am looking into like come on what happened to chivalry I am a woman for heaven sakes.  

----4 hours earlier----

     "A-are you, Ms. Hatchet," a young woman asked me, "why yes I am but you can call me Dorothy," I told her. "W-well, Ms. Dorothy I am Natalie and I need your help finding my friend for me they have been gone for at least 5 days and I have not heard anything from since then", she told me " okay do you know anything about there last whereabouts like where were they last seen," I asked her.  "well that's the thing I don't where she was last seen but I know where you can start looking for her." she seemed like she really needed my help even though I don't look for missing people she might be one of the exceptions that I will have I thought to myself. " alright I told her I will help you find your missing friend" I told the woman standing in front of me "thank you oh thank you Ms.Dororthy" 

     Dang, it's creepy out here I keep walking through the dark ally that leads to the address that leads to the missing person's house in order to crack this case. I usually don't take missing person's cases anymore because you get too involved in the victim's life and it all becomes a big mess at the end. 

     I keep walking until I hear a crash that came from the victim's house I slowly pull out my silver revolver from my purse and hold it up in front of me in a defensive position. I slowly push the unlocked door to the house open and see a person dressed all in black rummaging through the drawers and the dresser looking like he was trying to find something. "put your hands behind your head and stay still or I will shoot you. He slowly puts his hands behind his head and then he takes off running for the back door I shoot but it misses him just by a hair. After our rumble and tumble, he ends up getting away anyways so I guess I wasted all that time for nothing. 

     I need to figure out who that man was, but first of all, I need to get in contact with anybody that the victim's family and friends so I think I am going to ask Natalie for her information 

---on the telephone---

operator, I need you to get number 213 for me, please. 

yes hello is this Natalie. 

Okay, this is Dorothy Hatchet can I hold your attention for just a moment. 

I was wondering do you know if your friend had any family or friends that I don't know about.

umm yes, she does hold up let me get her mothers number and address.

okay, thank you very much.

okay her number is 987and her address is 2780 filmora road.

thank you so much you are such a help.

     I am going to see the victims mothers house and then I will see if she knows any whereabouts about her son. I soon find myself in front of a door of a moderate-sized house, I step up on the porch to ring the doorbell and the door opens to reveal a young looking woman about her later 20's early 30's at least "hello who are you"  she asked "um yes I am, detective Dorothy, I am here to ask you some questions about your son" I told her "m-my son what, is he in trouble" she asked "Oh no he is not in trouble he just is missing and nobody knows where to find him and I was wondering if you could help me find him". " oh well then please come in I will awnser any question you need me to" she told me "thank you" I said back to her