Chapter 23

"Dear Love of my life,

I'm sorry for not being there when Nuriona arrived. I won't be around for a while, it's business. I'm really sorry! I deserve to be beaten to a plum. I hope you liked what I did with the room. You don't have to tell Nuriona about me if you don't want to. But know this... I will be back on day.

Love
Elija

My hands shook with anger. A part of me wanted to tear the note up, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The thought of him coming back rang in my head. I put the note in my pocket, not wanting to look at it any longer.

I quietly leave Nuriona's room, trying my best not to disturb her sleep. I make my way to the kitchen. Again I'm surprised by what awaits me. On the counter is baby bottles, and baby silverware. Did he really buy a bunch of baby supplies for me? I guess it's the least the arse can do, since he ditched us.

As I start to go through the kitchen I realize he stocked me up on everything; food, baby food, and dishes. How I came to the conclusion that Elija bought all this is because there was another note in the cabinet.

"Like my gifts, Cupcake?"

I guess I could make some bottles for Nuriona. I fill up six bottles of milk for Nuriona. I put them all in the fridge for her when she wakes up. I decide to take this time to take a relaxing shower. As I relax in the steaming hot water of the shower, it makes me forget all my problems.

Once I'm out and dressed I hear a small cry. I rush out my room ignoring my still dripping hair to Nuriona's room. She's crying softly signifying she's awake. I carefully cradle her in my arms. I carry her to the changing station to change her diaper. I quickly do so.

I hold her, her head laying on my shoulder. I have my hand under her but to support her weight. I pull out a bottle, then put it in the microwave for thirty seconds. Once it rings I pull it out. I walk out to the livinf room.

I sit on the cotton soft couch as I cradle Nuriona in my arms. I hold up the bottle for her to help her drink it. I take this time to get a good look at her features. Her hair is a dark shade of brown like mine. Her skin is a fair pale color like Elija's. Her eyes are a blueish grey, because her eye color hasn't settled in yet.

Her skin is baby soft. It's the first time I've ever felt baby skin. She's only drank her bottle to half way before she's done. I put the bottle on the small table in front of the couch.

"Hello, my little Nuriona," She giggles at the mention of her name. I'm one to rarely smile, but yet hers is enough to make me smile stupidly.

Her beauty is as soft as one of a flowers. "My little flower," I test on my lips. Clara had call-in me her little butterfly, so I thought of a nick name I could give Nuriona. A knock at my door interrupts me and Nuriona's time together.

Recognizing their music I reply. "Come in," without any hesitation Jake comes in. "She's a cutie, ain't she." Jake comments on Nuriona. I take a good look at Jake and realize he isn't looking good. His chocolate brown hair is everywhere, and his light green eyes bare dark circles.

"Jake, are you okay?" I ask worriedly. Jake always takes care of himself, so seeing him like this is upsetting. He laughs nervously as he scratches the back of his neck. "I was in charge of Nuriona, because I'm really close to you." He replies. That's understandable. Having someone I know and care about is a good choice for watching over Nuriona.

A confused look grows on Jake's features as he looks around the room. "Where did you get the money for this?" Jake finally asks. I take it he's referring to the baby supplies. "Elija got it while I was out." I answer. Jake's eyes widen at my answer. "Some of this stuff is really pricey." Jake points out. I'm usually really observant, I guess Nuriona has me pretty occupied.

A conversation I had with Elija suddenly pops up.

"Elija, if you don't mind me asking but what class are you?"

His response to that was kind of weird. From what I was able to get out of him, he wasn't the lowest class. He definitely isn't a royal. So, I've come to the conclusion he is either peasant or the royals friend. If he has this amount of money to buy all this, he must be the royals friend.

My face crumbles at the thought of him. I know he's bought a bunch of things I need to raise Nuriona, but I don't care. All I care about is the fact he should be here now. My heart aches at the fact he left me, no us.

Noticing my hurt expression, Jake puts a warm hand on my shoulder. "Elija spoke to me before leaving..." Jake says with slight nervousness. My eyes widen in surprise. So, the d**k head would talk to him and not me.

Why am I hurt by him being gone? I should be celebrating! I've finally gotten rid of him... But why do I feel as if my heart was tore out?

"He wanted me to tell you he loved you..." Jake says irritation clear in his voice. I feel a hand on my chest. I look down, and see Nuriona put her little hand over where my heart is. I wonder if she can sense my pain?

Without a word Jake leaves me, probably to digest what Elija told him, and not me personally.

I spend the rest of the night with Nuriona. She somewhat made me feel at ease.

I hate you... Elija Crimson