I Want to go Home

No way in hell...

He couldn't believe his own eyes. His completely regular and uninteresting expression revealed total and utter disbelief.

"O Hero! Lent us thy strength to defeat the demon lord!" An imposing and grandiose voice resounded.

His eyes momentarily wandered around the majestic tapestry, and refined medieval details. Huge pillars made of, apparently, marble were extended, and supported the whole infrastructure.

But that wasn't the thing that called his attention the most; it was the unusualities of the people in that room:

Ranging from long and pointy-eared tall people, to short and small animal-like people.

His normal sense of things was shattered, like an unprotected vase in the hands of a child.

"The demon lord, with his malevolent attitude, and the utterly atrocious acts he's done--please lend us thy strength, and save us!" The voice repeated.

He paid attention to who had said those words; an old-ish man, with a big beard and gentle face. A typical king from a fairytale. His blood-red cape fluttered with the conveniently placed wind.

The regular boy couldn't utter a single word. His mouth trembled, and he stammered.

Everything that resided in his common sense wasn't going to work there. It was all so sudden, so unrealistic... He couldn't process it all.

"... Hero?" The king worriedly asked.

"Uh--"

His mouth jabbered, incapable of producing words.

The royals present in that room began to whisper and mutter between themselves.

After some time of struggle, the boy was able to produce something understandable.

"Eh... Where... Am I?" His confusion was crystal clear.

The king, understanding that he could begin to explain, opened his mouth and began to say what he wanted.

Basically, the boy was summoned to another world in order to restore its peace, and defeat the demon lord. A straight RPG cliche.

But the boy, obviously, didn't have any qualifications to fight, and let alone to defeat a demon king, so he asked more and more questions, only for its answers to give him more questions.

In the end, he decided to ask for time to understand his situation, since he couldn't jump into it just like that, without a plan.

They gave him what he asked for, and the boy entered a room. Looking at it, he understood that it was top-notch luxury.

The bed was king-sized, and seemed way ahead of its (apparent) time.

Laying down on it, he began to ponder...

...

Where am I? What is this place... When can I go home?

This place is weird... I really, really want to see my family. Are they worried? Probably...  Yeah, I... They are, I'm sure!

I placed my hands on my head and began to shuffle my hair, searching for any kind of answers...

My temples hurt, and my body burnt in tiredness. Somehow, this process of teleportation or whatever really took a toll on my body.

But no pain can remove the doubts that had surged in my brain. I still can't believe that this is happening. This must be a dream, right? Right, I'm certain.