Chapter 1

It had been four weeks since we had moved into quite and small neighborhood in Bandera, Texas. I was unpacking the last box from the move, dumping most of the contents out into the floor. Leaving a few books inside. Chase, my obnoxious twin brother, flung himself on the carpet letting out an exasperated breath.

"Done!" He groaned.

"Why are you groaning you lazy ass. I am the one doing all the work. Plus we still have to take everything and put it where it belongs genius."

Chase groaned, "Look, I did plenty."

"Sure you did." I said throwing the box at him.

Oomph.

"Agh. Rayen!"

"It's your stuff, and aren't you a big bad football player that's supposed to be strong?" I mocked.

He growled under his breath, "Not when their sister is inhumanly strong."

"Don't be jealous."

He made a sarcastic comments under his breath, "Whatever weirdo." as he ran up the stairs to his room. Not before sticking his tongue out at me.

Inhumanly strong. Was it that obvious? Was I that obvious. I sprawled out onto the white carpet. Closing my eyes.

I started playing back in my mind everything that had happened making us have to move to Texas.

My mom started dating a slew of guys for a couple years. One finally stuck last year. His name was John. He was 40, tall and a slenderly built. They dated for a couple months before he moved in. He was the reason we were on the run. The reason I got turned.

I was a werewolf. A human that could turn into wolf. They are stronger than humans, and are set off by there tempers and a full moon.

I will have to be more careful about hiding this.

Getting off the ground from where I was laying, I looked around the room. The living room walls were a ash gray color, meant to accent the light gray sectional.  Three feet in front of it was an oval black coffee table with a clear glass frame on top. Against that wall across from the couch was a light oak entertainment center with a fireplace in the middle, and a TV on top. The room was still very bare. Almost lifeless, not quit a home.

Behind the couch was a double doored archway that had a gray barn doors to close it, that lead into the kitchen. Walking through the open doors into the kitchen. The kitchen had the front door for the house. The walls where all white, except where the gray tile back lash was between the all white counters. The kitchen table was a clear glass with a wood base, and white wooden chairs to match.

I pulled a chair out and sat down. Laying my head against the table. I heard my mom directly behind me.

"This is ridiculous you know that." I snapped.

My mom ignored me completely ,"You have school tomorrow. Start getting ready."

Change of topic like always. Mom of the year this one.