Part 12

Music blasted through the speakers of the house, so loud that it made the walls of the house shake. The place was packed with people and the atmosphere was thick and hot. Though the house was big, it was almost impossible to walk through it without brushing against someone.

A black Jeep pulled up in front of the house as the raven haired driver let out a sigh.

"Do we have to be here?" she asked, looking through the rearview mirror, at her two friends in the backseat.

The tall blonde leaned in, "Lauren, it's been two weeks. You need this," she said in a serious tone.

"We get it," she said, "The thing between you and Cabello got real messy, real quick but listen, high school is almost over for you."

"Do you really want to leave knowing you could've done something to make things right but didn't?"

"Hey," said her dark skinned friend, "Whatever happens, we gotchu."

Lauren gave Dinah and Normani a small smile before she killed the engine and got out of the car.

As soon as they opened the door, they were immediately hit by the awful stench of sweat and alcohol.

"You sure this is what I need?" Lauren asked.

"Babe, don't take this the wrong way but you are such a loser," Dinah said before she walked away from the two.

"Dinah–"

"Hey, I'm gonna go get her," Normani said before following the blonde, leaving the raven haired girl alone.

"Great," she muttered as she stepped into the house and looked around.

In one corner, people were playing beer pong. In another, they were either making out or playing truth or dare. In the living room, people were dancing, or rather grinding on each other to loud music.

The raven haired girl rolled her eyes as she kept walking.

In the kitchen, people were either stuffing their faces with junk food, getting high on marijuana, getting drunk or having awkward conversations. As the girl walked into the kitchen, all eyes were on her.

"You're not supposed to be here," a sharp voice said.

Lauren looked up as her piercing green eyes met equally piercing blue ones. Cece.

"I'd say the same to you," she said as she poured herself a cup of beer, "But that would mean I give a fuck about you."

Cece gasped.

"How dare you!"

"Later, princess," she said with a wink before she downed her drink and tossed the cup as she walked away from the kitchen.

She pushed through the crowd until she finally found her two friends.

"There you are!" Normani exclaimed, "You were supposed to wait for me!"

"Sorry," Lauren shouted back. The music was almost deafening, it was hard to hear what people were saying.

Normani grabbed Lauren by the wrist as the two girls moved to a more quieter area.

"Much better," she said.

"Have you seen Camila?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah, she's alone on the porch," Normani said, "You're gonna make things right?"

Lauren took a deep breath, "I'm gonna try," she said.

~

Meanwhile, a brown eyed brunette was standing alone on the porch of the house. It was quieter there. She couldn't handle being in the house. She felt like she was suffocating.