Chapter 50: Flesh, Blood, and Bone

It was only a few minutes until Percy woke up, whether from his godly blood or the urgency in fighting off his unconsciousness.

He opened his eyes to the blurry image of Harry being tied up to a large, marble tombstone. A large crack was at the foot of the grave, as if it had recently been dug up. Percy squinted, trying to read the name, but the only thing he could interpret from the grave was the jumble of words something along the lines of: 

MOT DIRDLE

'Huh, that doesn't make sense...' but he was pretty sure it wasn't accurate to begin with.

Percy was still tied to the floor, but luckily, the hooded figure's attention was elsewhere. He slowly army-crawled in the grass, the best he could with tied up hands, towards Riptide which was thrown back after him being tied up.

He crawled past Cedric's lifeless body. Percy didn't really know the champion that well, but that didn't help with the guilt.

He gulped, only to take a moment to shake his head, 'I could've saved him...'

Riptide continued to glow, now only a couple feet away. Percy stealthily continued towards his weapon.

"Flesh -" the hooded figure paused to hold out a long silver dagger. It didn't seem like it would be good in a fight, Percy thought, more for theatrical means. He glanced up a second time as the hooded figure (what a jerk, am I right?) continued to speak, " - of the serveant - w-willingly given - you will - revive - your master."

And in that split-second the dude chopped off his arm.

"Holy schist!" Percy quickly snapped his mouth shut, but he couldn't help it, it was rather shocking.

Luckily, nobody noticed. The man's screams in pain covered the demigod's cry of surprise. Percy began to awkwardly try to cut the cords wrapped around his wrist when he saw the cauldron began to bubble.

Oh, right. Did he mention the cauldron? The one which was fizzing like crazy that very moment? Yeah, it seemed a little important...

'Snap!' the rope broke into two as Percy began to tenderly rub his wrists. He held Riptide in his hand, his wand safely tucked away in his pocket, and began to cut the binds off his feet.

Whilst doing so, he looked up once again to see.

Harry continued to struggle against his bindings on the tombstone. His wand somewhere in the cold, earth beneath him.

The hooded figure slowly stepped forward, accompanied with an occasional whimper while looking at the stump which used to be his right hand. Blood trickled down the wizard's sleeve and slowly onto the floor.

'Snap!' He began to fumble with the ropes, but as if they had a mind of its own, began to entangle themselves around his ankles once again.

"Di Immortales, come on!" he cursed under his breathe. He tried again, hoping this time to succeed. Percy awkwardly adjusted Riptide between his feet, moving it in a back-and-forth motion to cut the ropes.

During which, the hooded figure began to chant again, "B-blood of the enemy... forcibly taken... you will... resurrect your foe."

The wizard, the hooded-evil-one, shakily dragged the dagger along Harry's forearm as the Gryffindor shouted in pain. Blood began dripping off the silver blade and into a small glass vial. The hooded figure carried the exact vial, and with great care, poured it into the cauldron.

'Snap!' This time the rope broke free for good, and Percy carefully got up towards his feet. He wasn't as talented at stealth as Nico was, but he still managed to stay hidden in the shadows.