1

Spencer is only 20 in this story. I know in the show he's 24 right now, just bare with me.

Norman Cousins once said; 'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.'

It had been 6 years since Spencer had last seen his friend. Last time he saw her was two summers before she disappeared. Before she left she had said something about how she was destined to die. Something about a prophecy. After the summer of her thirteenth birthday, she had told him about her father. How he was a god. She couldn't really keep it a secret. Especially when your fifteen year old friend is already in college and watched a video of you falling off the St. Louis Arch into the Mississippi River. A fall that should have killed her.

They had been friends as long as they could both remember, and that was quite a ways back. Spencer had always had trouble with family and he went to Percy whenever it got especially hard. Today was the exact day she had left, and it was hitting him hard.

"Reid, you alright?" Morgan asked. He sounded genuinely worried about the kid.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He lied. He had been lying for so long he didn't know what was truth.

"You sure? Is it the nightmares?" The man's brow was furrowed with worry.

"I'm fine, Morgan." Spencer snapped. That was exactly what told the agent he wasn't fine. It was hard to lie to someone trained to notice when someone is lying.

"Alright, whatever you say." He walked over to his desk, and emailed the rest of the group.

"Something's up with Spencer. Meet up in five minutes."

•••

Percy was having a hard time. She had just lost her best friend, Annabeth, in the war with Gaea. 

She wasn't supposed to die like that. Why did she have to die like that. Her last words had been "See you in Elysium Seaweed Brain". It hurt to know she was gone, and she wasn't coming back. 

Percy currently stood at the graveyard laying down daisies at her grave.

She headed back to her apartment she lived in with her mother and step-father. She had to leave, it hurt too much to be here, in New York. She would go to California, to Camp Jupiter during the summer and for college. She would get a job, pay rent. No one would know her. She would be no one. She couldn't have any attachments, everything she cared about died. She wasn't about to put her parents at risk.

That night, she said goodbye to her family and got on the soonest greyhound to Las Vegas. The sooner she was gone, the sooner she took her family out of danger.

That night, as she slept on the bus, a man snuck into the Jackson household and brutally killed both of her parents. It would be the second of these, causing the BAU of the FBI to come investigate.