5

Why are they leaving?" You asked.

"Who cares! Let's go!" Dustin moved to climb up the rope, bringing you back into the reality of the situation. These tunnels were still dangerous and you needed to get out of them as quickly as possible.

Once up on the ground again, everyone celebrated the victory you had just achieved. Everyone was alive and no one had gotten too hurt. You had helped the others and all you had to do was hope they did their job just as well. It was up to them now. It was out of your hands, all you could do was hope. Steve's arms wrapped around your waist and he picked you up. You laughed as he spun you around, a huge grin on his face. All of you were still on the high of the adrenaline you had just felt.

The two of you hadn't been amazing friends before but you had quickly developed a deep friendship over everything that you had been through together. It had only been a day or so, yet, this bond seemed as though it was going to stay. Was it because you could understand each other or was it because the twp pf you had never spent time together before? Whatever it was, you felt like a friendship was defiantly beginning to form.

"We did it!" He shouted, setting you back down. His hand lingered though and only left when Dustin caught his attention. What was this feeling once his hand was removed? Did you miss it or was it something else?

"We should head back just to be safe."

"Yeah," You walked over to the car and ruffled Dustin's hair," but this time, Steve is driving."