The Beginning

Angels Vs Demons

Chapter 1: Beginning

Games were held, Angels kept on losing many matches and had to surrender their lands to the Demons. Now they have only small part left with their capital as Kyoto where the Angel Shrine was located that is the home of the first angel, the daughter of god. Surrounding the capital was one major city Tokyo and other small cities. All that angels got left with was Japan and its surrounding countries Korea, Philippines and a little part of Russia etc. The Almighty Angel was searching for ways to win the matches and bring peace to the world. She was looking for better ways to train humans with her subordinates to make them strong enough to win the matches.

But things suddenly changed from past 5 years and angels kept on losing the matches and losing their land. On the other hand the Demons kept increasing their land and their power over the earth where dictatorship was followed, peace was not maintained and chaos spread in all directions. Demon Shrine was located in Los Angles of America where Demon King (The son of god) gave orders to the fellow humans. He always thought of humans as an inferior race and he was born to rule them. The Demon King discovered a new technology which improved the human strength and got his wins from the past 5 years engulfing the 75% of whole earth under his Empire.

While all this was going on, on a deserted place in Japan:

Hmm, I had slept for a long time, said a 15 year old teenager named Arikami Light. He was lying on an old wooden chair located outside of wooden house. The house looks worn-out, not painted for years and was located in a deserted place near the woods located far away from the city. Brother, come inside and have some breakfast, a tone came in a low voice. It was Arikami Ryo, Light's younger brother. Breakfast is ready and lets have it together said Light's younger sister Arikami Aira.

Everyone gathered around a small old wooden table which had many cracks on it and took a seat. Whereas Aira severed these two with salted noodles with some soya sauce in slightly broken cups. These 3 were homeless and orphans from a very young age. Light was lucky to find a place an old wooden house near the woods and these 3 started living there from that time. Light and Ryo used to collect wood from the forest and making a living. Though they used to get paid very less. They never used to have a staple breakfast, mostly they either go with pepper noodles or noodles with soya soup.

Light's younger sister Aira used to take care of the household work and does the most of the cooking job. They only get to eat meat only at the time of few festivals. Light and Ryo did a little wood work to the house was able to build some furniture. They had some TV in the main room. They often watch the Death Games (games held between Angels vs Demons were known as Death Games). Light and Ryo were great athletes and energetic all the time due to their daily workout in the woods which include cutting the trees and moving the logs using their bare hands.

From a few months, Light was being worried as due to the invention of new technology, robotic cars came up which does most of the wood work, from cutting trees to molding them into furniture. So the demand for the human laborers was decreasing and it became hard for Light and Ryo to find a job and earn money. His was jobless from past two months.

That evening, when the games were being held and Light with his brother and sister were watching it live in that old TV. Then he saw it, Light saw the advertisement which shed a light to his path for a job. That advertisement was the selection of people for the next games and the thing after it mentioned, gave hope to Light. The advertisement said about the wealth that would be given to the winning players which was more than 10000 times that was given to Light for a year. Though Angels were losing in the Death Games, it didn't concern him, the only thing he was thinking was future which he can give to his brother and sister if he enters the game. That evening itself, Light decided that he will submit an application for the selection process for entering the Death Games.

On the other hand, Aira and Ryo were thinking the same that they would take up this opportunity to get that money and present it to their brother as a gift for what he has done for them looking after them all these years. They didn't mention anything about this to their brother and applied for the selection of players without telling a word to Light.

A week has passed. The selection day came near. Light said that he will be heading Tokyo for the selection process, gives them a kiss and some money he kept hiding from the start for their use. After that, Light sets his journey to travel Tokyo. Whereas on the other hand, after Light went away, Aira and Ryo get ready and travel to Kyoto for the selection process. The selection process were held in two places, they were Tokyo and Kyoto.

What happens next...... How the selection process takes place......What games are conducted in Death Games.....

To know answer to the above questions. Let us look forward for the next chapter.