Part 2

Elena:
I wake up with a terrible scream, gasping for breath and convulsing swiftly. For some unexplainable reason, I am sitting in a coffin, which freaks me out even more. What's happened to me? Has anyone tried to bury me alive? Or have I died and become a vampire? Oh my god, please, no... not again...
Hundreds of thousands of theories of what may have happened are spinning through my head when I suddenly notice that there is a male figure hiding in the shadow, standing close to me.
'Damon?' I call at him, and I calm down a little. I'm sure it's him and he will clarify everything to me.
But when the man hesitatingly walks out of the dark, it's not my Damon... It's Elijah Mikaelson.
'Welcome back, Elena,' he wishes me with a reserved smile, and he gives me his hand to help me get out of the coffin. My whole body is stiffened and run-down, so I accept his help gratefully. I can't keep on my feet, and I slide down into his arms.
'It's OK,' he comforts me, lifts me up and carries me to the nearest chair.
'What are you doing here?' I wonder. 'Where is everyone else? Where's Damon?' I look around, but I can't see him anywhere, so I kick back in my chair and wait for an explanation.