2

I closed up the last of the dusty curtains, and worked my way backwards through the pub, flicking off all the light switches in view, turning on the little amount of security cameras we had. Stayne followed me awkwardly, before deciding it was best for him to wait out the front. I wasn't quite sure what he was thinking, other than the fact he wanted the ring back. But I was also sure it wasn't his. It was clearly of great wealth, and that he'd probably sell it.

I set the alarms, they were pretty hi-tech. They sent an alarm to my phone and computer, which allowed me to view the security cameras and assess if I should call the police or do it myself. Doing it myself was more often than not.

I stepped out the doors, turning to lock them. I could see Stayne out of the corner of my eye, staring greedily down at my hands. I put the key in my back pocket and turned to him. He stared at me, obviously not quite sure what to do.

I huffed, "Well, I'll meet you at Starbucks tomorrow, at 9. Don't be late. It has just occured to me that I haven't told you my name, It's Raven. I'll see you tomorrow..."

Stayne straightened his back, brushing down his shirt, "Is it true?"

Huh? "Is what true?"

Stayne sighed, unconfident of what he was about to say, "Sarah said that... You don't actually get into bar fights. You ask your boyfriend, Jason or something, to punch you and then you might smash a glass in your hand. Then she said that when you do get into a real one, that its because you've provoked it."

My jaw dropped, that lying little bitch, "That fucking whore! You don't seriously believe that do you?! She was trying to get into your fucking pants, and you still think bullshit like that might be true?!"

Stayne's expression remained the same, "W-well, I wasn't sure so I thought I might ask. Just because someone wants to sleep with me, doesn't mean that all they say is bullshit..."

"Hers is. I'll see you at Starbucks tomorrow..." I turned and walked away, heading around the corner and walking up the alley. It was rather convenient that since I'd moved into the city, that my house was only a short distance away from my work. As soon as I'd made my way past some shady people who, thanks to Kurt Cobain, didn't decide to rape and beat me, I was home.

I'd rushed my shower and slept the remainder of the night away, before waking at my usual time of 6:30. I stil had hours. I spent my mornings walking around, dawdling. I decided to shower again before putting on heavy "gothic/emo" makeup and doing my hair. I simply tied as much as i could in a bun before dragging bits out. I then dawdled for a bit longer, and checked my emails. Soon, it was 8:30. I took my mototbike into town and waited at the closest Starbucks to The 555666. I sat down, choosing to order nothing and waited. Soon enough, he showed up and sat across from me. I simply stared at him, allowing my eyes to seem dull. He blew out a breath of hot air, "Well?"

"Well, what?" I quickly replied, folding my arms across my chest. He shook his head, already seeming frustrated, "Well, how do I prove it to you? That that's my wife's ring!"

I shrugged, "Bring in your wife and we'll find out. I'd be more inclined to give it to a female than a male..."

He ground his teeth, "If you'd been listening, you'd know she's dead."

My blood ran cold, "Oh... Right... Well, do you have any other evidence, wedding photo's, friends who can confirm it, the reciept? The jewelers?"

"The most I will have is the wedding photo or friends... I forged it myself..."

I laughed, "You being serious right now? ... No you're not. No! You didn't make this!"

"Oh yeah, look on the side! Bet you didn't notice the gold chipping in the silver. She liked odd things, and loved to annoy the people with OCD, so I put a bit of gold in..." He, then too, crossed his arms sitting back in his chair. With sweaty hands, I pulled off the ring in haste and took a close look at it. From what I saw - he wasn't lying.