4. Who's your pops

Plump

       "Roxanne you sure is up early on a weekend at that where you going"? Roxanne began fixing her some cereal "to the library I wanna put in some apps for college" she looked at her mom to see her reaction. "College this is a first I heard you mention anything about college" Roxanne nodded "I know, but Mel's been talking to me about her going, and wanting me to go, so I thought you know I'd go ahead and apply just to see what happens". Her mother smiled "I'm so happy I never went to college to busy running after your crazy ass daddy and I regret it because I had the grades. I see me in you Roxanne I say this is God giving me a chance to do it right, I just didn't want to push you to do something you didn't want to do. I want you and your brothers to be better than me and yawls fathers".

         "I know ma" she had a tear fall "I don't want yawl to end up like me trying to make ends me with these bullshit ass jobs living in a shit hole with kids who don't even have their mother in the same household as the mother". "Ma you say all this, but you did a good job yea we might not have what other's have, but you always made sure we did go without even if you had to, and we love you for that" she smiled, and I walked over and gave her a hug  "I love you RJ and Reggie so much I just want the best for all three of yawl". She said crying in my arms I hated to see my mom like this.

         My mother had me when she was fifteen my father was the neighborhood bad boy he was nineteen. When my mom's parents found out she was pregnant my grandfather kicked her out she was with my father for another four years but then he left us for another women. My mom and I then moved back in with my grandmother cause at the time my grandfather had already died. some years later she met my little brother's father another man who was about that street life they weren't together long before they broke up. That's when my mother found out she was pregnant . They got back together, but were off and on constantly finally they called it quits for good after my mom found out he didn't love her like he use to anymore .

        Being the good man he was he stayed in my brother's and I lives if we need him even for my mother if she needed him even though he was now married with other kids.

         "Your brother's coming home tonight I may work a double, so make sure your home around seven I'm not trying to hear Harper's mouth". I nodded "alright ma" she grabbed her purse "I'm gone I left some money on the counter for some pizza". With that she was gone out the door and I was home by myself.

        When I got to the library it wasn't to pack which was always a good thing. Mel had texted me this morning of some schools she think I should apply for Howard, Hampton, Bethune-Cookman, Bowie State, Clark Atlanta, Alabama A&M s and some others. It literally took me like three hours to fill out information they asked so many damn questions, but they literally had some nice campuses better than the projects I was living in.

         "Damn girl I thought you wasn't in here" I looked up and there stood Justin. "Oh shit I totally forgot my bad I was into these college stuff" he came around the computer desk and was now standing on the side of me instead of in front of me. "Let me see" he said sounding interested . He pulled up a chair and sat beside me "which one you really thinking about going to"? Plump shrugged "I wasn't thinking about going to any college until recently" Justin then rephrased his question "okay well from the ten hours you've been in here which school caught your eye"? Plump chuckled she must've really been in the library for a while "ummm well Hampton because of the beautiful campus, Howard because its where my friend Mel's going and Spelman because its number one of HBCU's and it a all girls college".

       Justin scrunched up his face "what a HBCU"? Plump grinned "Historical Black College University". Justin replied saying "oooooooh! Damn dumb moment for my ass, but if I had to chose I say Spelman because its a black school you need to be around your people, and plus its all girls, so I don't gotta worry about no nigga being all in your face".

          Plump just looked at him was he being serious he was acting as though he was into her. "Justin their all HBCU's and do you really care about a guy being in my face" she said turning back to the computer logging out the internet. He touched her leg and it sent chills down Plump's spine letting out what felt like a waterfall in her panties. "Yea I do care especially cause I'm trying to pursue you" she looked him in the eyes "I thought you want to be friends"? He licked his lips and it just sent off another waterfall "I do, but I also wanna be more and I know its early, but when I want something I want it" Plump replied "let just see how we are friends first" Justin nods "alright friend" he said making quotations with my fingers.

Justin

        Since Plump been in that library for what seem to be forever I knew she was hungry so we headed to pizza hut to eat. "You work tonight"? She shook her head and after swallowing replied "I'm off today have to keep my little brothers tonight though" Justin then asked "how old are they"? "Rj is twelve and Reggie is nine they were with their father for the week" she said their, so it was obvious they had different fathers. "Big gap in age your mom waited a minute to have kids again you must was a handful" he said laughing.

        Plump shook her head with a small grin "no I wouldn't say that was the reason my father brother her heart it took her a while to love again". Justin asked "you know your father"? Plump shrugged "just his name being Cre I don't remember him to much about him he walked out on us when I was four hadn't seen him since". The name of her father ring a big ass bell in Justin's head "Cre you said"? She nodded "yea Cre Longs is my father" damn Justin knew just who she was talking about. He didn't know Cre had a daughter by another women I knew about his four kids he had with his wife Selena. Hell their oldest daughter was my ex girlfriend which was Plump half sister basically.

        "What you thinking about"? She asked gaining my attention back "nothing, so why you aint got no nigga"? She smirked "what makes you think I don't"? Justin laughed out loud and said "oh damn, and your out with me what you trying to get me beat up"? Plump replied "I don't have a boyfriend we broke up last week, but if I did we're just friends remember" I looked at her and in my head I said to myself "yea for now". "Where's your girlfriend"? Justin ate his slice of pizza then replied "broke up with my last girlfriend three months ago she didn't like the lifestyle I was living she saw me turning into her pops who I'm cool wit". "What was her name"? Justin replied "Carena" Plump replies "well are you turning into her pops"? Justin shrugged "I don't know" Plump looks at her phone "shit I gotta get home before my brother's dad drops them off if you wanna come inside you can I just gotta get home". "Alright lets go"......