⇨ IS THIS REAL?

Warning: physical abuse is in this chapter

"Why don't you love me? Why'd you try and leave me, Kate?" A man asked with glassy eyes, cornering me with his rigid belt secured in his unbreakable grip, grasping the desired weapon with such force his knuckles turned a pressurized white. All I wanted was love, how the hell did I end up here?

"You sure as hell know why you disgusting piece of shit-" I scowled as he interpreted my fuming statement, whipping me repeatedly, and nearly ripping the breath from my raw lungs as I tried to hold back a river of tears. However, this task became increasingly harder as he continued to violently lash out on me; with each strike my body contracted in the attempt to inch away from the source of excruciating pain, every inch of my skin gradually becoming devoured by the burning sensation. Finally, a painful scream escaped my trembling lips as my eyes, brimming with steaming tears, caught the vibrant contrast of crimson blood steadily dripping onto the already stained shag carpet; my porcelain skin screaming as perfectly rounded beads of tears seared the open wounded engraved atop my cheek bones.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just need you. Stay. Please, stay." He desperately begged cupping my raw skin rendered tender to the touch with his calloused, rough skin.

"What you need us a reality check, dickhead." I retorted quickly removing my burning face from his cold, clammy hands while pushing him aside, trying to calmly exit the house and make a run for it, all while he sat there sobbing. My aching, sore limbs wobbled across the trashed room as the scum bag of a human didn't notice, nearly tasting the savory idea of freedom; the mere thought of ridding my senses from the foul odor of alcohol and nicotine, being able to escape the unrelenting, magnetic pull into the black abyss of pain and solitude feeling like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, this almost cathartic triumph was soon shattered when he noticed my absence. Causing crippling fear to strike my down where I stood, before he did.

"I tried to be nice!" He angrily shouted grabbing a handful of my chestnut hair and violently slamming my face onto the kitchen table, completely numbing the pulsating surges of searing pain sterilizing my senses of any other feeling; only wishing it would've knocked me out cold so I wouldn't have been conscious for what was about to happen.

•       •       •

"W-what the hell? Where am I?" I painfully gasped at the sight of a dark, empty room while hastily wiping the stinging beads of sweat from my searing forehead hot to the touch. I tried to sit up, in the attempt to scan my surroundings, but quickly clasped my throbbing torso. "Become a doctor, Kate. Save lives, Kate. Try and stop mercenaries, Kate. Do-" I vented aloud as the sealed door suddenly opened, causing me to jump beneath the thin, scratchy linen sheets clinging to my legs dampened with cold sweats.