Chapter fifteen

Tessa, Scott says her name. She looks up, directly at him, coming out of all the memories and thoughts which are in her mind. We should talk and decide, he says. He finally wants an answer. He and Tessa that was everything, but he cant live anymore with all the untold feelings between them. Now?, Tessa asks, a little bit scared. He nods. Are you sure that you want to do this step?, she asks. She would not like to lose him. Every decision they take will change their relationship and life. She wants everything to go on like it was. She wants herself and him to be best friends, sharing a bedroom and a bathroom. Sharing clothes and their whole life. Tessa, I am serious. I really want to talk with you about all what happened and decide how to go on. I will not live with all these lies Ive never lied to you, she says, with tears in her eyes and straight looking into his brown and sparkling eyes. Me neither, but we hadnt told the truth either, he says, trying to smile and comfort her. Did it all start New Years Eve?, Tessa asked. He nods, smiling due to his memories going on in his mind. I remember this night well, she says. What do you remember?, he asks now holding her hand. With tears in her eyes she says: I remembered the dinner you made for us. And then the fireworks. We stood there, arm in arm. It wasnt different, but I felt different. Thats a good start, let us talk more. What felt different?, he asks, squeezing her hand. I felt different. The feelings I had as you hugged me and held my hand. My heart beat faster and I couldnt stopped myself from looking at you. I looked at you all the time. He nods, smiling at her. This conversation was the one he wanted. He wanted her to talk about her feelings. You have to talk to, now Tessa says. He starts: I remember this day well too. I picked you up. We danced Moulin Rouge and went to lunch together. We had so much fun and at home I hoped that you would come to visit me in the evening. I cooked and decorated, waiting for your call. And you called. In this moment, I was the happiest boy on earth, happy to see you again and celebrating the new year and the old year with the person I respect and love the most. As you arrived, my heart beat faster as well. I cant get my eyes off from you. You are special and the hug on midnight, for me it was magic. From that moment on, I knew that from now on I will feel different for you. Different in a more intensive way His eyes sparkle when he talks about Tessa and this night. What should we do?, Tessa asks, smiling at Scott, squeezing his hand a little bit harder and waiting for him giving her an answer.